MiaoMiao and Phone compatibility ?

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not too long ago I bought new mobile..iPhone 6s, not knowing this model is not NFC enabled and I cannot use libre link app.

I’m now considering getting new phone so I can use libre link and I also want to use famous MiaoMiao :) and maybe other useful technologies available for bs management.

I know libre link just needs iPhones 7 or above with ios11. I understand MiaoMiao needs a software and I’m wondering if getting iPhone 7 will be enough or should I get more latest and more expensive model... for any additional benefits that I am not aware of.. ?

I’m a bit behind in terms of technology. Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not too long ago I bought new mobile..iPhone 6s, not knowing this model is not NFC enabled and I cannot use libre link app.

I’m now considering getting new phone so I can use libre link and I also want to use famous MiaoMiao :) and maybe other useful technologies available for bs management.

I know libre link just needs iPhones 7 or above with ios11. I understand MiaoMiao needs a software and I’m wondering if getting iPhone 7 will be enough or should I get more latest and more expensive model... for any additional benefits that I am not aware of.. ?

I’m a bit behind in terms of technology. Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

I have the Miaomiao2. I'm not sure about the app development for Apple OS. I use a very old Galaxy note 4 Running Librelink'
But with the bluetooth bridge to an app. I've tried Glimp & xDrip which will work with the wonderful Miaomiao.
I found xDrip more stable? But i'm not sure how compatible it is with OS.
Don't get me wrong. i'm not the "anti-Apple." ;) I've Owned iMac & still have an iPad..

I'm Just highlighting the option that an appropriate compatible older phone can hold it's own on a budget.. :)

I'll tag in @Brunneria , she's had experience with apple & MM..

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you sure you want an iphone? Cheap phones work just as well, it's only Apple being difficult. So far I've used Samsung S3 mini, Huawei P-smart and another cheap Samsung. None have cost me more than 140 euros and all of them work fine.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I’ve got an iPhone 6s and it works perfectly with the Miaomiao, and sends my readings to my Apple Watch.

(goodness, my iphone auto correct just capitalised Apple Watch. How pretentious is that!?!? Lol)

Reactions: Jellytots

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve got an iPhone 6s and it works perfectly with the Miaomiao, and sends my readings to my Apple Watch.

(goodness, my iphone auto correct just capitalised Apple Watch. How pretentious is that!?!? Lol)
Thank you ! So do you think iPhone 6s + libre censor + MiaoMiao work without an Apple Watch or only together with Apple Watch? That will be so good if I didn’t have to upgrade my phone !

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you ! So do you think iPhone 6s + libre censor + MiaoMiao work without an Apple Watch or only together with Apple Watch? That will be so good if I didn’t have to upgrade my phone !

The apple watch (look no capitals this time, cos I am typing on a laptop hahahaha!) is an unnecessary extra. The 6s and the miao miao can read a Libre fine. You will need to download an app to do so though. While I was using the MM I used the tomato app, which was OK but nothing special. I would read the reviews about it for what insulin users think of it. I suspect not much! lol. You may find it better to go for another app, although that may be more work to set up in the first place.

Do you love your 6s too? Mine is years old now, and still working perfectly. Hopefully it will continue for another 3 or 4 years...

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you so much @Brunneria for this info. I only need a phone for basic needs ... so it’s very good to find out my current 6s works.

Thank you @Antje77 and @Jaylee too for the comments. It does seem there are more options with android phones. Next time I might consider switching

Reactions: Antje77