Recharging libre reader

Richard F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I usually plug it in overnight, no problems so far (I've had the reader for 6 months). Last night the low battery warning came up, so plugged it in for 12 hrs.

Still getting a low battery warning and the little red symbol. It connects and downloads info to my laptop okay, so the lead seems good.

Any ideas people?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you recharging every night? If so that could be the issue. It should last at least a week before needing to be recharged. I read somewhere that devices shouldn’t be constantly put on recharge as it damages the battery. That being said if it’s not working then ring Abbott and they will hopefully send a new one. The money made comes from the sensors so they want us to keep using them. I dropped my reader in a coffee, which I admitted, but they just sent me a new one. Good luck!

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I have one and the battery lasts ages at least 2 weeks.

Hope this helps

Tony

Richard F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I left it plugged into my flap-top and seems to be taking its charge. Maybe it wasn't connected correctly plugged into its own charger.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I left it plugged into my flap-top and seems to be taking its charge. Maybe it wasn't connected correctly plugged into its own charger.
Or it may be that the charger doesn't work anymore or isn't providing enough power, would be worth testing to see what happens next time just you actually know.

I know if I plug it into my usb expansion hub connected to my pc its plenty enough for the data to move over but it doesn't provide enough power to charge (it was a cheap non-powered expansion hub)

Glad you got it sorted :). But yeah its does not need constantly charging, mine also lasts about 2 weeks (give or take) between charges -and I scan over 20 times a day so it is getting used.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use my libre charger to charge my phone. I just had a look and apparently my phone uses a Micro USB type B, might be worth checking your phone charger to see if it'll fit

Whoops sorry, just seen you've managed to charge it! I'll leave this here in case it's useful for anyone else :)