Pomegranate Juice Helps Manage Blood Pressure?

Cowboyjim

http://www.medilexicon.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=237573
More good news... but who sells this jollop? Never had any. 8)

Pomegranate Juice Helps Manage Blood Pressure; Many Kidney Disease Patients Take Potentially Harmful Supplements
Two studies presented during the American Society of Nephrology's Annual Kidney Week provide new information on dietary benefits and dangers in kidney disease patients.
Patients who drank pomegranate juice also had healthier blood pressure and cholesterol levels and less plaque build-up in their arteries. These results suggest that drinking pomegranate juice might decrease the high rates of illness and death among kidney disease patients.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I picked some of this up in the supermarket the other day before putting it straight back down after seeing the carb content.

Isn't fruit juice high on the "naughty list" for diabetics? I've never even had a sip of fruit juice since I was diagnosed.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pomegranits themselves have 17.7 g of carb per 100g may be worth picking the fruit out of the skin :!:
CAROL

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
carty said:
Pomegranits themselves have 17.7 g of carb per 100g may be worth picking the fruit out of the skin :!:

I did that the other day. By the time I'd finished, the kitchen looked like a murder scene (red stuff splashed all over the walls). Not sure I have the patience to do that regularly, I might buy the ready-to-eat ones next time.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
How to cut down on mess with your poms (which would only raise the blood pressure and hence knacker the whole proceedings).

Cut said pomegranate in half. Hold cut side down over a plate and sharply tap the the outer shell/skin with a spoon. the seeds should just drop out onto the plate.

Angie's useful hints No 32 :D

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am very impressed with that Ladybird does it just knock out the seeds on the outside of the fruit or can you get at them all :?:
CAROL

Flutterbye

I halve my pomegranate then hold a polybag round the half pomegranate and whack the rounded end with a wooden spoon or similiar and the seeds will just fall out of the shells....easy-peasy!