Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

jennyjane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I dislike cruelty to children and animals and all living creatures. Also, I dislike bullies, extreme modern art and architecture, supermarket and shop music that is unmelodic
Noticed above that someone had a bad headache in the morning - I used to awake about 4 mornings a week with a headache. I went to doctor and he could not find a reason. That same evening I read an article in the Daily Express written by the Head of a London Headache Clinic which mentioned Hypnic headaches. He suggested people that suffer from these headaches either take an ordinary coffee which contains caffeine before going to bed - I find that if I take this caffeine boost after 9pm it still works - or something like a ProPlus caffeine tablet. How my doctor laughed when I mentioned this but it did work! He had not heard of Hypnic headaches but this can be checked out on-line. The "powers that be" do not yet know the cause and this generally happens in older people particularly women.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Noticed above that someone had a bad headache in the morning - I used to awake about 4 mornings a week with a headache. I went to doctor and he could not find a reason. That same evening I read an article in the Daily Express written by the Head of a London Headache Clinic which mentioned Hypnic headaches. He suggested people that suffer from these headaches either take an ordinary coffee which contains caffeine before going to bed - I find that if I take this caffeine boost after 9pm it still works - or something like a ProPlus caffeine tablet. How my doctor laughed when I mentioned this but it did work! He had not heard of Hypnic headaches but this can be checked out on-line. The "powers that be" do not yet know the cause and this generally happens in older people particularly women.
Hi @jennyjane
If you’d like to start a discussion about hypnic headaches please feel free to start your own thread by posting in a suitable forum, for example other ‘Health Conditions and Diabetes’. You’ll get a better response than here which is a place to record fasting blood sugars, but with very little chat :)

Reactions: bigjim19 and Prem51