Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.7 today and yesterday. I did take it upon myself to try 4mg of glimepiride alongside my sitagliptin. I messaged the surgery to approve it, but received no response. I had plenty of glimepiride left over as it was my last diabetes drug. Quicky my fasting readings have dropped from 12s to 9s. I've messaged the surgery again to approve this combination and put the glimepiride on repeat. Hopefully they will.

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.3 - I'm new to this posting but everyone else seems much lower than me. Depressing.
You can't relate your diabetes control purely to your fasting readings. My readings for months were averaging 12-13 yet my HbA1c was 67. I expected much higher so my blood sugar presumably dropped overnight.

I think a lot of people post here because they have good control, and those that don't have low fasting levels, like me, are ashamed to post on this thread. I've avoided this forum for months over the years because of this.

However, I've learned its not a competition : ) People here are welcoming and understanding.

Nicole T

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
GlucoRx-Q: 5.9 / Libre 8.5 at 8:30am. Libre has had nearly 48 hours to settle down now, and it's still all over the place. Typically over-reading by up to 3 mmol/L but I've also had it under-read by 2. All at times when my sugar shouldn't be rapidly changing.

I thought Libre would at least be saving me test strips, but I'm actually using more of them to correct bogus readings.