Type 2 New diabetic diagnosis

BevyW

Hi everyone I have just joined the forum and am feeling very down. I got my diagnosis on the 10th of August and my HbAc was 61. Got the phone call from the doctor to say I was diabetic, cried, then went on the low carb diet to try and change things. I had my second blood test on Monday 14th September and I am now down to 52. However, the thought of never being able to eat normally has suddenly hit me and I am feeling so low. Anyone got any suggestions on how I can feel better please?

Thank you

zeeeee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your BG is on the right path and you should be proud of the progress so far

what would you regard as eating normally?

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Using the phrase of the year low carb is your "new normal" the longer you do it the easier it gets, although I must admit to still missing bread. I've much less of a sweet tooth, on occasion I have been tempted to a dessert when eating out, but usually end up giving most of it away, it's just to sweet. Don't forget that this is a marathon not a sprint, and we all occasionally trip or fall, the trick is to get up and try again. One other thing it could make you feel a little more comfortable if you describe yourself as having Diabetes rather than being Diabetic, that way you're putting yourself in control of the syndrome, not the other way around

Reactions: JenniferM55

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You can still eat some carbs but not so many many. Yes it's a new normal when the old high carb way was a bad normal. Fats and Proteins are fine so eggs & bacon for breakfast is great.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Hi everyone I have just joined the forum and am feeling very down. I got my diagnosis on the 10th of August and my HbAc was 61. Got the phone call from the doctor to say I was diabetic, cried, then went on the low carb diet to try and change things. I had my second blood test on Monday 14th September and I am now down to 52. However, the thought of never being able to eat normally has suddenly hit me and I am feeling so low. Anyone got any suggestions on how I can feel better please?

Thank you
It gets way better! Stick to your plan and in a few months, you’ll feel right as rain

Reactions: JenniferM55

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

Thank you

You should be feeling better just seeing that impressive reduction. At the rate you are going you will be in the non-diabetic range very soon, great job!

It is daunting to start off with, but it gets better with time... just hang in there. Smile, you are going great already.

Reactions: LaoDan

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank you
Congratulations on the reduction, that's a massive improvement As for how to feel better, well... Time does heal this particular wound. And... https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/desserts for instance, might help too. ;)