Who decided the optimum BG level?

Daz007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Apple pie and custard.
My BG is always 10 in a morning, so I was very arrogantly thinking "who says it should be lower?"

I think 10 should be the new norm, I'm in charge from now on. Everyone adjust your targets lol.

But really (seriously) how do we know 5.8 is perfect? we are all biogically different.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 I guess would be the average of the "normies".

We are indeed all slightly biologically different but probably not as much as most make out in reality.

Reactions: Daz007

MarkMunday

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 mmol/l (100 mg/dl) is an arbitrary target number. 'Perfect' is normal blood glucose, which is somewhat lower. The desirable range of 70 mg/dl (3.9 mmol/l) to 180 mg/dl (10 mmol/l) are also arbitrary numbers that come from clinical practice. Diabetes associations consider them achievable for people with diabetes and eating what everyone else eats.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Isn’t there a number where damage starts to happen? If so, the optimal number should be below that.

Daz007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Apple pie and custard.
My ideal weight is said to be 12 stone by the "experts", I would be like a skeleton if I reached that with my build....its silly. And I'm over 8ft tall.

However, a must admit a low BG is very wise. Unless severely underweight...(yes go on and say the contrary! Lol).