38 hours in...so far so good

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
38 hours into my fast which was intended to be 36-48 hours depending on how I feel. Right now it feels good. I'm not hungry at all, and the headache I had yesterday has gone away. Need to watch my fluids and electrolytes.

I've done fasts of this size a few times, and I know it gets pretty hard for me around 42 hours in (between lunch and dinner on day 2) so having achieved the main benefits already, I don't usually feel compelled to push. I am curious as to what a fast spanning two full days plus feels like, and also what it looks like on the meter.

FWIW, I see major benefits whenever I do 36+ hour fasts. For me, my BG readings are very good during my fast, but I also see a drop in m BG numbers for days afterwards. I hate to use the word "cleanse" as it's trendy and mostly nonsense in most cases, but it seems like running on body stores for a day or two does accomplish something of the sort.

I recently got a ketone meter, and will take a reading before I break my fast. Test strips are expensive though so I'm not testing as much as I'd like.

Anyway, just sharing my experience. Have a great day everyone.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know it gets pretty hard for me around 42 hours in (between lunch and dinner on day 2) so having achieved the main benefits already, I don't usually feel compelled to push. I am curious as to what a fast spanning two full days plus feels like, and also what it looks like on the meter.
It's normally thought that around the 42-48 hour mark is the hardest part and after that it gets easier again. I'll admit when I have done 7 day fasts this is exactly what happened to me.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks BB...that's helpful. I'm around 41.5 hours and I can confirm I am indeed hungry. Not helped by the fact that my wife is working and I just finished feeding the kids. I've resolved to get to 48 hours then consider another 12 hours to make 60.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hopefully it will get easier for you too.

It did actually and I made 48 hours without too much distress. Decided to end it there for this time, and probably aim for 60 next time.