One year on and REMISSION !

Tim1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was really surprised to get a call from my diabetes nurse this evening (6-30 p m). To cut along story short she wanted to follow up on my blood test two days ago. HBa1C 31 and I have officially been labelled as in remission:) I am to stop my metformin from tomorrow. She wants me to have another blood test in 3 months time to make sure I don't have a bounce after coming off the metformin but I am not anticipating that happening.

77 to 31 Hba1C and 50kg weight loss in one year! I am really chuffed.

I know it is remission, not cure, and if I go back to my old ways it will return but I have no intention of that happening if I can help it.

Thanks to all the posters on here for advice and inspiration and while it will always be a work in progress today is a fantastic milestone for me!

A huge thank you to all the posters who have given advice and motivation over the past 12 months.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Awesome result!! congratulations - I love reading success stories!

Reactions: Sad21+

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Absolutely stunning result. You must get passed in the street with people not recognising you, outstanding. Keep on it, it is a relentless opponent.

Lucyclaire7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow. Reading this really made me smile and actually a little hopeful. As a newbie diabetic I’m a bit overwhelmed at the moment and didn’t see a way out but this has definitely put that light back at the end of the tunnel.

Congratulations to you and I wish you a healthy future xx

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was really surprised to get a call from my diabetes nurse this evening (6-30 p m). To cut along story short she wanted to follow up on my blood test two days ago. HBa1C 31 and I have officially been labelled as in remission:) I am to stop my metformin from tomorrow. She wants me to have another blood test in 3 months time to make sure I don't have a bounce after coming off the metformin but I am not anticipating that happening.

77 to 31 Hba1C and 50kg weight loss in one year! I am really chuffed.

I know it is remission, not cure, and if I go back to my old ways it will return but I have no intention of that happening if I can help it.

Thanks to all the posters on here for advice and inspiration and while it will always be a work in progress today is a fantastic milestone for me!

A huge thank you to all the posters who have given advice and motivation over the past 12 months.
Excellent work!

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
If there were competitions for gaining remission you would be getting first prize! I am in awe!

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tim1966
What a fantastic result and very inspirational!
As you say, you need to stick with the new lifestyle. I just started the really serious combat (via the low carb low cal TRE 16:8 approach) 6 weeks ago - good results so far - but how wonderful to see what can be achieved longer term.