New and confused

Son505

Hi there. I am new to the group and need advice please. I did a Boots Blood Glucose test that comes with a colour card to compare your strip after adding a drop of blood. Can anyone tell me how accurate it is? The result is either 6.1 or 8.3 which is so broad and scary as it’s very high! My dad is diabetic, grand mother, uncles so it’s in the family. I am in my 40s but I am a healthy weight of 127 lb and active. I have been stressed and hardly slept last night so could that affect the result by that much? Any advice for me please. Thanks Son505

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ask youe doctor for a hba1c test if your showing symptoms and are worried about diabets xx

jim1951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there. I am new to the group and need advice please. I did a Boots Blood Glucose test that comes with a colour card to compare your strip after adding a drop of blood. Can anyone tell me how accurate it is? The result is either 6.1 or 8.3 which is so broad and scary as it’s very high! My dad is diabetic, grand mother, uncles so it’s in the family. I am in my 40s but I am a healthy weight of 127 lb and active. I have been stressed and hardly slept last night so could that affect the result by that much? Any advice for me please. Thanks Son505

What made you want to do the test?