Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Tina321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
I've been doing Keto for about 1 month now I've managed to reduce insulin from 36 units of slow release and 12 units of rapid to 0 units. I've had no insulin for 6 days and my morning blood sugars are
Day 1 5.3
Day 2 5.7
Day 3 6.5
Today 6.4
I've had medication for so many years now I don't know what is a good or normal morning reading. I still take metformin 500mg twice a day and would like to come of them as well one day.
Can any one advise me please, are these numbers ok, throughout the day I'm averaging 6.2 - 6.7. I don't want to speak to my diabetic nurse as she is not supportive of diet control and my doctor states I wool never be able to reverse, remission or diet control unless I don't eat and I disagree. Is really appreciate some advice
Thank you in advance

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I've been doing Keto for about 1 month now I've managed to reduce insulin from 36 units of slow release and 12 units of rapid to 0 units. I've had no insulin for 6 days and my morning blood sugars are
Day 1 5.3
Day 2 5.7
Day 3 6.5
Today 6.4
I've had medication for so many years now I don't know what is a good or normal morning reading. I still take metformin 500mg twice a day and would like to come of them as well one day.
Can any one advise me please, are these numbers ok, throughout the day I'm averaging 6.2 - 6.7. I don't want to speak to my diabetic nurse as she is not supportive of diet control and my doctor states I wool never be able to reverse, remission or diet control unless I don't eat and I disagree. Is really appreciate some advice
Thank you in advance
Hi @Tina321. Might I suggest you start a new thread so that you open this up to a wider audience thereby allowing more thoughts on the matter? This thread is really for folks to post fbg with little to no chat which may not be what you are looking for.

Nicole T

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 at 7am on GlucoRx-Q after waking at 4am and not getting back to sleep. Libre all over the place, after seeming to have settled down. That gave me a 4.1 at the same time, but it's been logging almost a continuous false hypo since yesterday evening, so 4.1 is actually a high reading.
Screenshot_2020-09-23-08-19-23-948_com.freestylelibre.app.gb.jpg