Type 1 Freestyle Libre with Moto G Pro

Saluki

So I got my first Freestyle Libre sensor today and got it fitted and everything, then paired it with the remote and waited 60 minutes. The actual sensor is working fine, and the remote will talk to it fine, but my phone basically doesn't communicate with it at all (I have tried to get it to read the sensor a lot, and I only managed to get 1 failed pairing attempt).

My phone is a Moto G Pro (or Moto G Stylus in some territories). It definitely has NFC, and NFC is definitely turned on. The phone is running Android One with Android 10.

Is there any advice anyone could give me on how to get this working? I'd really appreciate anything you can contribute.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did you try pairing the phone in the first 60 mins, ie within 60 mins of when you activated it with the reader, that is the only time you can pair it (unless things have changed)

Saluki

I did try, but didn't succeed. I thought I should wait until after the 60 minutes, and it has been relatively unresponsive since.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That 60 minutes is key. I always do the reader first and then my phone. That way I can use both devices however there are many who only use a phone. There is a very positive conversation when you start the sensor. Words like, new sensor detected, do you want to start it, started ready in 60 minutes. You then get s count down until zero when you can then scan.

HTH

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I got my first Freestyle Libre sensor today and got it fitted and everything, then paired it with the remote and waited 60 minutes. The actual sensor is working fine, and the remote will talk to it fine, but my phone basically doesn't communicate with it at all (I have tried to get it to read the sensor a lot, and I only managed to get 1 failed pairing attempt).

My phone is a Moto G Pro (or Moto G Stylus in some territories). It definitely has NFC, and NFC is definitely turned on. The phone is running Android One with Android 10.

Is there any advice anyone could give me on how to get this working? I'd really appreciate anything you can contribute.

Oh, hello again. I've seen your other topic..

Have you tried touching the device where the NFC antenna should be to the Libre sensor? Either somewhere near the back of the phone near the camera lense, or possibly (as I mentioned on your other topic.) where the battery sits?

"Jedi" wave scanning does not always work with a phone.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
"Jedi" wave scanning does not always work with a phone.
Yeah, I know with my phone I had to actually pretty much touch the phone to the sensor (in the right place for the NFC sensor in the phone) for it to work - I suspect it was just the phone NFC thing wasn't very good/powerful - my new phone (that I got a week ago) has a far better range to scan from (though still not as good as the actual reader)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah, I know with my phone I had to actually pretty much touch the phone to the sensor (in the right place for the NFC sensor in the phone) for it to work - I suspect it was just the phone NFC thing wasn't very good/powerful - my new phone (that I got a week ago) has a far better range to scan from (though still not as good as the actual reader)

I've had it with two phones regarding the Libre.. I much prefer using the bridge to "hunt the button." ;)

lizzy74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi I know this is an old post but just wondered if you had any success with your Moto g power scanning your sensors? I'm having the same problem and need help please.