What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Hug for you and the extra risk her social whirl causes. There is a demographic which just refuses to accept reality. Full on Starship :angelic: for those folks - and they have the levers power but hopefully by bonfire night one egregious malfeasant may be on the move.
Hi Ian
If Trump doesn't get in again were in for a rough ride.
A law breaking PM will not be able to do a deal with the States.
Hopefully the Government will see sense in those circumstances and negotiate?

The local farmers here voted for Brexit, their going to get an horrible shock when they try to sell lamb, the kiwis and Aussies have the sales game wrapped up with good quality product already.

If they cant get testing and face mask production working, I have no faith brexit will all be sorted by Dec31.

I hope he doesnt get in again, the capricious man is going to fry the planet.
regards
D.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ian
If Trump doesn't get in again were in for a rough ride.
A law breaking PM will not be able to do a deal with the States.
Hopefully the Government will see sense in those circumstances and negotiate?

The local farmers here voted for Brexit, their going to get an horrible shock when they try to sell lamb, the kiwis and Aussies have the sales game wrapped up with good quality product already.

If they cant get testing and face mask production working, I have no faith brexit will all be sorted by Dec31.

I hope he doesnt get in again, the capricious man is going to fry the planet.
regards
D.
I'm sorry to say we are in for a rough ride until the fruitcake tendency on the right are brought to heal. The farmers are interesting. I have lost my contacts with the Fenboys my family had links with for 5 generations. In this part of Breckland as far as I can see there are huge estates/agribusinesses with British sugar at Bury St Edmunds a big player. I'm not sure all the smaller players know what is coming https://www.theguardian.com/busines...-set-to-gain-73m-from-end-of-eu-trade-tariffs. These guys are allegedly looking to relocate to Spain https://www.gs-fresh.com/. Interesting times.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.4 yesterday and 4.4 today

a busy day yesterday, shopping in the morning and dropping off mum's share ten mr gee had a doctors' appt. at the end of the afternoon to update his medication, there was a student GP with the doctor so it took a while because she had to get the all info from mr gee for herself ;)

Out to the volunteering today, just for a couple of hours, all masked up now, customers, staff and volunteers alike, according to the new rules, but we may stop going in if again for a while depending on the local covid case level, there has been a case diagnosed this week at a secondary school in a nearby town.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Alien Aspie - two great pieces of art, the glass is deceptively simple, but I know how difficult it is to get glass right ;) and your 'stag at bay' is very effective, quite in our local genre here in the Highlands. Well done making the Hospital car park productive.

@dunelm - like the forest and the bamboo but I love the blossom, so balanced and well judged :)
those thermometers are good, we have one, they're so easy to use.

@Muddy Cyclist - pleasing fuschia blossom, I have one just like it in my garden :) and isn't that plumage a lovely rich colour :)

@gennepher - that's an interesting technique, using an existing image and altering and enhancing it digitally :) and your fish has a lovely flow to it, the background with the graduated colour and light is very effective.

art bit -

so fortunate to have the lovely art here to inspire every day :)

still not quite got back to one a day but I'm trying to do a bit of something each day. I'm taking a leaf out of @Muddy Cyclist 's book sometimes and letting things dry until later then working at it again.

Once again done from a photograph found on the net.

upload_2020-9-24_20-11-3.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - that's an interesting technique, using an existing image and altering and enhancing it digitally :) and your fish has a lovely flow to it, the background with the graduated colour and light is very effective.

art bit -

still not quite got back to one a day but I'm trying to do a bit of something each day. I'm taking a leaf out of @Muddy Cyclist 's book sometimes and letting things dry until later then working at it again.

upload_2020-9-24_20-11-3-jpeg.44233
Thank you @geefull

This is a stunning painting. Such beautiful gentle detail.

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No art painting from me, yet! :) Been most of the day in MILs loft, I thought it was empty but it's not so next week a day planned emptying loft :banghead:

Lots of photos of birds today. This turned up in our garden today, seems late in the season, very strange.

View attachment 44221
Hiding from the hunters

lindisfel

Expert
Being made an eggs ample!

Couldn't get any eggs at Lidl yesterday so after the doctors this am, I got two dozen free range at the local garage. Now up at 3.5 doz and we eat 3 doz per week, just the duchess and I.

Then during the heavy rain this pm, Julie the horse woman, turned up with a tray of 30 eggs!
She is off on holiday with a friend, taking her horses into the Pennines, and needed to get the eggs eaten.

Now we have six dozen eggs for the week!
Its a good job we like eggs
D.

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...ooh the rain last night we needed some but it hammered down here...Charlie has been given the all clear from the Vets so good news there...I managed to find two cardboard boxes of equal size so now we are a four bedroom household hopefully they'll stop squabbling over them...been doing a daily check on cv-19 capacity for the last 15 days now...nothing within a 50 to70 mile drive some even further...there may have been some home test kit capacity but surprisingly in order to qualify for one you must submit to a vetting process where your information is shared with an huge American Credit Broking firm before your application is accepted/considered...woke to a 6.7...keep safe everyone.

an utterly crazy situation.

any one would think they either don't want us to get tested

OR

they want the credit lines in place so when we do get the Moonshot...( hahaha..:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: )
phase right, the charges will comes straight out of bank accounts..
for those that DO pass the credit rating hurdle.

for others..:sorry:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
been eating better of late,
holiday set me back added on to lockdown 1, Chaos theory (part of a mini series )
so the fightback begins..

6.5 this am..

happy with that, but know i can do better.

Best wishes to M'lady, @Alien Aspie
hope the course is very effective for her.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 5.9 at 3 am

Up early because postcards to write to post this morning, do painting, and I am off to watch sunrise...

My painting for this morning.
In Procreate. I was experimenting with layers and some of the settings on layers to see what they do. And downloading more brushes. And adjusting the leaf setting. A certain alien said he was glad there was a reset button when he was messing with brushstroke settings, but when I pressed the reset button, the leaves changed to some different in leaves, and so did the name which is now called 'grass'. :(
Finally I had to download leaves again. I shall never touch brushstroke settings again...
After that crisis, I need a beautiful sunrise...

F3FCAA34-5B3C-441F-9360-258D6BBC8394.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.4 yesterday and 4.4 today

a busy day yesterday, shopping in the morning and dropping off mum's share ten mr gee had a doctors' appt. at the end of the afternoon to update his medication, there was a student GP with the doctor so it took a while because she had to get the all info from mr gee for herself ;)

Out to the volunteering today, just for a couple of hours, all masked up now, customers, staff and volunteers alike, according to the new rules, but we may stop going in if again for a while depending on the local covid case level, there has been a case diagnosed this week at a secondary school in a nearby town.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Alien Aspie - two great pieces of art, the glass is deceptively simple, but I know how difficult it is to get glass right ;) and your 'stag at bay' is very effective, quite in our local genre here in the Highlands. Well done making the Hospital car park productive.

@dunelm - like the forest and the bamboo but I love the blossom, so balanced and well judged :)
those thermometers are good, we have one, they're so easy to use.

@Muddy Cyclist - pleasing fuschia blossom, I have one just like it in my garden :) and isn't that plumage a lovely rich colour :)

art bit -

View attachment 44233
Thank you @geefull, your painting is so well balanced and delicate. The hill in the background reminds me of so many good days out.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 5.9 at 3 am

Up early because postcards to write to post this morning, do painting, and I am off to watch sunrise...

My painting for this morning.
In Procreate. I was experimenting with layers and some of the settings on layers to see what they do. And downloading more brushes. And adjusting the leaf setting. A certain alien said he was glad there was a reset button when he was messing with brushstroke settings, but when I pressed the reset button, the leaves changed to some different in leaves, and so did the name which is now called 'grass'. :(
Finally I had to download leaves again. I shall never touch brushstroke settings again...
After that crisis, I need a beautiful sunrise...

View attachment 44249

Wonderfully fun and spooky at the same time. Hot tip - make a duplicate copy of a brush - change things and then delete if not satisfied. I messed on by importing an image into the ‘shape’ and then the ‘grain’ and then adjusted the other settings - still not quite right but here is the image imported and then what the brush does.

upload_2020-9-25_6-48-0.jpeg upload_2020-9-25_6-48-22.png

[/ATTACH]

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wet and windy start here in the dark and dangerous north. Actually it’s blowing a hoolie.

The wonder wheel of a slow cooker beef stroganoff came in at 5.2 this am

Did we add the NHS Covid-19 app yesterday? We did. I just hope that a, it works and b, enough people download it to make it viable - only for those over the age of 16? Will it go crazy in schools if those under 16 years of age start to use it? Other questions - will I need another app if I venture into the land of the blue or want to visit the Giant’s Causeway?

We watched the film “On the Basis of Sex” last night - the story of Ruth Bader Ginsberg. We have seen it before but wanted a re-run. Worth a viewing if you have not seen it - we watched it on Amazon Prime but I suppose that it is available elsewhere. Talking of viewing, Spitting Images returns, if that is your bag. I could do with a bit of political satire - wonder if it will be acceptable on Scottish TV when the hate crime bill shackles such things (even though it is rumored to be watered down a bit).

A sketch done in the park yesterday. Hope everyone has a good day. Time for koffy.

upload_2020-9-25_7-8-55.jpeg

upload_2020-9-25_7-8-19.jpeg