Blood pressure monitors

reikideed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Swimming
Hi, I've just bought an Omron M3 comfort blood pressure monitor, and found that I should have checked with my physician before using, because I have diabetes. Does anyone know please, what the potential hazard could be? My DN has requested a week's measurements so I don't get given unnecessary meds, as I have white coat syndrome and BP was super-high on Monday.
Thank you in advance.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I’m using a Omron HEM-7130, which looks very similar. It’s a good brand so it should be fine. You can always bring it with you on your next appointment.

I have white coat too, my doc looks at the heart rate difference between the nurses readings and mine. I was told to measure every morning as soon as my foot hits the floor.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Hi, I've just bought an Omron M3 comfort blood pressure monitor, and found that I should have checked with my physician before using, because I have diabetes. Does anyone know please, what the potential hazard could be? My DN has requested a week's measurements so I don't get given unnecessary meds, as I have white coat syndrome and BP was super-high on Monday.
Thank you in advance.

Why would you check with your doc before using it?

I have a similar one.... comes in real handy.

reikideed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Swimming
Thank you both, that's reassuring. I read the bumf that came with the Omron. It said diabetes is one of the conditions you should check with physician first before using the machine. DN could only think of maybe people would get high BP readings and not inform GP...

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you both, that's reassuring. I read the bumf that came with the Omron. It said diabetes is one of the conditions you should check with physician first before using the machine. DN could only think of maybe people would get high BP readings and not inform GP...
Probably one of those catch all things to protect them from being sued. Like how they have to warn you not to open a coke bottle with your teeth or that coffee is hot or something (Partially joking...)

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yea they put those statements on everything. Like if you have diabetes which increases your risk of a heart condition and very high blood pressure and you use the machine and it clamps your arm and that tips you over the edge to have a heart attack and you sue them and then aliens invade and it turns our were all living in a dream.

i suspect it follows that logic.

reikideed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Swimming
Ha! :joyful:
Thank you guys, it's great to get replies from real people. Dr Google just throws up more questions and sends you in ever-decreasing circles. Mind completely at rest now thank you. Perhaps my blood pressure readings will go down now...