If you were to walk into McDonalds...

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
he he. dirty food oh yes. i know your fine i've seen your bgz. tx for that.
Very personal thing the insulin ratio.
Other things change the dose too such as the fat/carb ratio.
Anyway I'd skip the burger bun and chips and go for a dirty great bacon burger with cheese instead! No counting and a minimal dose to account for the ketchup and protein.

Reactions: EllieM
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Type 1s only could answer this question i think; If you were to walk into McDonalds...

(Please hang with me on this it's to help me understand carb counting)

This is a hypothetical question you may loath the place and not touch the stuff but if you did walk in, in a parallel universe...

and you ordered a Bacon, Egg & Cheese Bagel with Egg Whites that has 55g of carb how much of your Bolus or if your on Novorapid would you inject to cope with the carbs? and how do you work it out so you stay within a good bg range?

If you want to choose something else;
http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/nutritionfacts.pdf

Hi, I couldn't eat the bagel, but hypothetically, depending if I were active afterwards, then probably 3 / 4 units or sitting for a length of time. 4.5 / 5 units. I too take NovoRapid.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
If I were to walk into mcdonalds, I'd order a doble espresso, no bolus required.

I have had a coffee from Macdonalds, also Burger king and both very nice.

MarkMunday

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a takeaway bunless burger for the first time last night. It had extra salad and was a good meal with no bolusing hassles.

Reactions: EllieM

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I guess if I did go to Mac Donald’s ( would definitely be a // allel universe) would depend on what my bs was before I ate , under normal situation it would be 6 units of Novorapid for me but seeing as we are in a hypothetical scenario I’d take 9 units and pig out on an ice cream or even a donut, or even both . I go to BK about twice a year and eat their spicy bean burgers normal x2 .
Stay safe
“ stick them with the pointy end “

Reactions: TashT1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Finger pricks, BGs above 10/below 4...
Had my first McFlurry since diagnosis not long ago:hungry:...was pleasantly surprised when I didn't spike at all!...barely perceptible rise and then back to normal! :happy:

Goma5

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Depending on the queue, i would inject prior to ordering to be honest, to give 10-15 for the insulin to start working. I would think that the bagel / added sugar etc.. would be quite fast release.

for 55g, i'd inject 4 units based on a ratio of 10/15 : 1 (honeymoon, so keeps changing a bit).