Freestyle Libre Sensor Incompatible

DiabeticDT

I have a freestyle libre system and its been working well for me. However I just got new sensors after using up my stockpile, and it works with the libre app but when I scan it with my meter it says the sensor is incompatible. I've tried 2 other sensors and same result.
I've contacted Abbott but after sending off all the info they asked for have yet to receive a reply after waiting a week.
I'm running a meter using 2.2.9 firmware and apparently this meter cannot be updated.
Any advice is greatly appreciated
Hopefully don't have to buy a new meter.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I have a freestyle libre system and its been working well for me. However I just got new sensors after using up my stockpile, and it works with the libre app but when I scan it with my meter it says the sensor is incompatible. I've tried 2 other sensors and same result.
I've contacted Abbott but after sending off all the info they asked for have yet to receive a reply after waiting a week.
I'm running a meter using 2.2.9 firmware and apparently this meter cannot be updated.

I updated mine to 2.4.8 no problem - where did you read that yours cannot be updated?

DiabeticDT

See below

Attachments

• 20200927_170047.jpg
    20200927_170047.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 2,494

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sadly, it looks like you might need a new reader then, but you never know, if you call Abbott then maybe you can blag a freebie for being a loyal customer. After all they make their money from the sensors not the meters.

Last edited:

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Sadly, it looks like you might need a new reader then, but you never know, if you call Abbott then maybe you can blag a freebie for being a loyal customer. Aftre all they make their money from the sensors not the meters.

Yes, I would have thought that @DiabeticDT 's best bet would be to request a new meter. How old is your current one? Is it still under warranty? I think it extremely likely that they'll give you a freebie. Maybe phone them again and explain that you haven't heard back in over a week and ask if you need to get/be given a new meter?

Marysia1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, can you send me 2.2.9 firmware?

mewright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1.5.9 Version2.o7c, Can you tell me if this is a new or older version of a FreeStyle Libre 2 monitor? Just got a new package of sensors to replace after 14 days and is reading "not compatible with the sensor". How can I fix that? Please Reply. Mewright

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
1.5.9 Version2.o7c, Can you tell me if this is a new or older version of a FreeStyle Libre 2 monitor? Just got a new package of sensors to replace after 14 days and is reading "not compatible with the sensor". How can I fix that? Please Reply. Mewright
Take a look at this document for starters.
https://freestyleserver.com/Payloads/IFU/2019/q2/ART39933-001_rev-B.pdf

There seems to be precious little information about the readers as they seem to want everybody to use a smartphone.

Call Abbot customer service?