Type 2 ACHING LEGS AFTER I TAKE A NAP!

DamePeggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing stranger than Diabetes...I never fail to be amazed by the variety of problems it brings with it! I'm Type 2, diet only control.

I live in Spain where, of course, it is practically the law to take a siesta in the afternoons! I don't always take a nap, but when I do it's usually only about an hour. I am finding that quite often when I get up my legs and ankles are really aching, almost to the point of being painful! This has happened today so checked BG level and it is over 12 - very unusual for me!

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions please?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess it really depends on what you had for lunch?

DamePeggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess it really depends on what you had for lunch?
Today, not so good = an egg mayo sandwich on wholemeal bread - but I get the same sort of result whatever I eat if I take a nap in the afternoon which is what confuses me!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That would have been a normal reaction for me - I only eat very low carb bread, at 4 gm per slice, and even then just a slice if I eat kippers, which might be once a month.

DamePeggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That would have been a normal reaction for me - I only eat very low carb bread, at 4 gm per slice, and even then just a slice if I eat kippers, which might be once a month.
Really? Wow, hadn't thought a little would have that much effect - think I have some "research" to do!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DamePeggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DamePeggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DamePeggy I was reading a post in the type 1 forum about going to sleep after eating/injecting insulin, some of the comments note how the insulin is less effective in such cases.

I know you are not on insulin, but the concept could still apply, if your own insulin is less effective during sleep your levels could possibly go quite a bit higher. I also get a bit achy if my levels have been a bit higher for too long,

Was just a thought! I hope you figure it out soon, it's not fun being achy ;)
Thank you - that's a good thought, well worth further "experimentation" on my part!

Reactions: rosemaree

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thank you - that's a good thought, well worth further "experimentation" on my part!
Yes to find out if it's the sleeping or being prone for a while does it happen when you wake in the morning.