Type 2 Sugar levels

fantastic9888

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I inject humalog mix insulin 75/25 twice daily. This morning my level was 6.3 I went out to make breakfast and before I ate and hadn't injected, my level had risen to 7.9. how could this happen cheers Kevin..

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I inject humalog mix insulin 75/25 twice daily. This morning my level was 6.3 I went out to make breakfast and before I ate and hadn't injected, my level had risen to 7.9. how could this happen cheers Kevin..
It's called Dawn Phenomenon. Your liver dumps glucose to give you energy to start the day. So nothing to particularly worry about, it's a normal thing the bulk of us experience.

fantastic9888

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Jo. I often wondered about it. So it's good to check it twice in the morning. Cheers Kevin

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Jo. I often wondered about it. So it's good to check it twice in the morning. Cheers Kevin

Kevin, it is possible you could have had something, like food, on your fingers from your breakfast preparation?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It could also just be that your insulin dose isn't exactly spot on and could need adjustments xx

fantastic9888

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It could also just be that your insulin dose isn't exactly spot on and could need adjustments xx
Thanks. It's possible. But it always comes down during day and evening. If I inject more insulin I will eat more..