Breakfast ideas

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
i'll have sardines on wholemeal toast xD
Oh man! Thanks for reminding me. Today, I really couldn’t think of what to have for breakfast. I read your post and I remembered how much I love Sards on Toast, now Burgen Bread. I added Tarragon, salt and pepper mixed and a squeeze of Lemon juice. Loved it.

Thank you.

Brokenbill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha no worries at all, it is a really easy and enjoyable breakie. I have mine with tons of black pepper and a dash of vinegar.. a bit of acidity takes it to another level. I use warburtons wholemeal load atm because I'm kinda new to eating a bit more healthy and I know this bread is easy to get and just makes things a tad easier for me while i start get going on this mission

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there, my name is Sandy. I'm new here on this forum. Would someone please suggest me gluten free/ sugar free recipes to start with. Kindly suggest what foods to start with to control sugar levels?
Diet Doctor is a useful source of low carb or keto recipes. I am not dogmatic about it but aim to have no more than 30g carbs unless its Friday...Eating coconut flour porridge (2 tbsp) and half a tin of coconut milk plus an egg topped with berries or almond butter.
Or coffee and 1 slice of toast which leaves me peckish but is quick!

M

Member529656

Bacon tomatoes mushroom, sometimes scrambled eggs and bacon .: protein , fibre with few carbs

Reactions: LaoDan

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Bought an egg steamer, been making 3 minute eggs with smoked salmon and cream cheese, and a few olives. Or I swap the cream cheese with kimchi.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
OK, this month is my Official Diabeteavesary, (HBA1C 89 and fasting A1c 18) and after much angst and experimenting over this last year, I’ve realised I need TWO options for Breakfast: Do I want Savoury or do I want Sweet (yeah, that’s NOT sugar sweet).

Savoury: 2 x Toasted Burgen Bread (22% Carb) with either Marmite with sliced cucumber; Sardines and heavy with the pepper; No Fat Philadelphia Spread with anything on them; Melted Cheese on Burgen.... I could go on. Oh yeah any combination/style of Eggs with Bacon, Omelettes and shredded Lettuce.

Sweet: No fat Cottage Cheese base with my Almond fro my Electric Cheat chopper plus same chopped Apple and A small handful of Linwood Milled Organic Premium incl Flax, Sunflower, Pumpkin, sesame seeds & goji berries. Dollop of Yoghurt! Also once a month I may take Museli with Banana and Yog.

Get my Breakfast done, the rest of my day has eventually into place, meaning a controlled Prediabetes diagnosis. My GP and dietician is happy with me.

Results? Afternoon BG between 4.7 to 5.7. Morning fasting now regularly low 6s with a 5.7 today. HBA1C? 52 :)

Reactions: ReversingT2

5Terry

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being alone and having little or no money to enjoy the hobbies I like to do.
There are some intresting ideas fo breakfast on here I shall have a look later at the choices.

Terry.