Misfits Vegan Protein Bars

DSCLO

Has anyone used these and found them okay? I personally like them as an alternative to real sugary chocolate bars and they have high protein (16g) fat (9.2g) and 8g of dietary fibre. Caps per bar are 186. My question is are they too good to be true.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
What’s the Total carb count - and where do you get them? I’d be interested to give them a try and see what my CGM says...

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At about 14 grams of carbs a piece, they're a bit too "heavy" for me. So it wholly depends on two things: Do you like the taste, and do they fit into your dietary needs? (They kind of are different for everyone, after all. :) )

DSCLO

You can get them on Amazon. Some great reviews on there but can never tell if they’re true reviews these days. They sell them in Holland and Barrett too.

DSCLO

At about 14 grams of carbs a piece, they're a bit too "heavy" for me. So it wholly depends on two things: Do you like the taste, and do they fit into your dietary needs? (They kind of are different for everyone, after all. :) )

The company quote on Amazon Q&A that net carbs are 6.8g.

DSCLO

IMG_3309.jpg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thank you! I’ll keep an eye out next time I’m near my local H&B :)

Edit - but at £2.49a bar, I might not :hilarious:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The misfits bars all contain xylitol which is poisonous to pets, so pet owners beware!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The company quote on Amazon Q&A that net carbs are 6.8g.
Ah, I only found two variants (almond chocolate and another), which averaged that. No idea how many flavours there are. :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
These are more student priced, very nice and 6g carbs per bar. Aldi are rubbish on line so I can't find a reference.
https://images.app.goo.gl/NySSSrssSMBH7w7PA
Awesome, thank you - I suspect they have milk in as the picture you kindly sent says “vegetarian” on the front, rather than “vegan” - but I’ll check next time I’m in Aldi. And then cry if I’m right!

ProGen

Vegan Protein bar I have no idea if they work wonders for your keto. But many are genuinely thinking about how many veggie or vegan recipes are present in keto. This recipe works for people who are looking for keto. ketogenic diet plan vegetarian indian - 7 Indian vegetarian keto dishes

lucas1986

I thought misfits was a little too cardboardy. I was eating Quest bars for a long time, but realised their ingredients weren't perfect either. Nowadays me and the wife are all over N!cks bars! Best we've tried hands down.