Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
HBAIC 5.3%, on MDI, Actrapid and Levemir - and on very low carb diet.

Reactions: michita

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
4.5 this morning & flu jab yesterday !

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
7.2 Hb1c, My worst one for 15 years, I have been trying to stop the lows with some success, Although I use the libre, xdrip etc, I still find the libre not to be very accurate but have just started to calibrate 2 times a day to see if that helps

Reactions: michita

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I love CGM's, but a Libre always ran 20-30 points lower than I was when I tested and compared. It's still invaluable but will throw you off on your levels you think you are at.

Reactions: T1DM2012

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
72, up a lot in 3 months, it’s the worst result I’ve ever had

MarkHaZ123

Just had it confirmed on the phone when I spoke to the doc regarding my bloods for other things that my hba1c has reduced

I started the libre in March and Iv managed to reduce it from 70 to 53

eshobabu

How do you folks test HbA1c? We are here in the US, so I am not sure if this is a part of regular blood work over in the UK?

Chriztopher

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve only had 1 so far and it was 129, got about 2 months til my next one so hoping it will improve!

Reactions: TashT1

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
97 at diagnosis 46 three months later with a libra. I’m doubtful the next one will be so good with murmurings actually being T2 & going off insulin, but we’ll see.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Haven't been able to get mine checked for the last 9 months. Everything stopped with covid. Daily figures have been pretty high though, so I guess it will be up.

artofmany

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who didn't leave the playground behind,
Food manufacturers who think sugar and preservatives need to be in everything
60mmol/mol or 7.6%, equivalent to 9.5mmol/l. For me, this score is pretty good. I've struggled for years to keep my average down. After a few months on the Libre I'm just about getting >50% in range (this score matters more to me than the absolute HbA1c figure). A pump would probably improve my figures a lot, but I think I'll need to switch to a low carb diet instead. I doubt the pump approval process will be efficient where I live now. Hackney was brilliant for diabetic care, North Herts not so much.

Dazphoenix28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was 90 back in March. Had it done in September and it was 64. Now I'm on the libre, started the correct carb counting and havent gone past 13 blood glucose for a week now. Had a few hypos but still learning the best long acting dosage for me since my hypos happen when I'm sleeping. Hopefully next month it comes down because I'm 62% in my target range for my blood glucose with the rest being between 4-4.9, 10-12 and 11% in the 3-3.9 bg levels.

Chloelox

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was at 35 in may up at 51 this month :(!
Very down hearted but I have had a lot of stress and anxiety’s playing a part in my levels. I’m hoping to get back into the 40’s for January. I would be happy with 40’s...