Tv shows

Brokenbill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
haha nice :) i enjoyed some of there stuff when i was a bit younger but i was always more into the heavier metal. but you can see how the umbrella academy was influenced by the band and stuff. i can't wait till theres a new season :)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
haha nice :) i enjoyed some of there stuff when i was a bit younger but i was always more into the heavier metal. but you can see how the umbrella academy was influenced by the band and stuff. i can't wait till theres a new season :)

I wasnt a fan of the emo stage. (I was too old to appreciate the newer style). However I'm a big rock fan and like some heavy metal (blame hubby) and I am a massive fan of the music Linkin Park produced. I was devastated when Chester passed away. The cds I have beside my stereo are Linkin Park, Europe (if you know of them), Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Stereophonics and Billy Idol.

I've recently branched out and bought a cd by a band called Within Temptation as I liked a couple of tracks played on the old music box. Probably wont buy any more ha ha.

Currently listening to Classic Rock with an old Slade track

Brokenbill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I could have easily fell into the emo trap but i was always pulled towards the heavier/stoner rock, Bands like maiden ofc Pantera/Tool/Sabbath ect. It's funny you mentioned europe they are my mums favourite band and i was brought up listening to them and bands like the cure/the specials/pink floyd/simple minds, i like to think i was introduced to good music early on xD Linkin Park are also a band i like although there earlier stuff like hybrid theory and meteora. i saw them live in manchester once and they were supported by biffy clyro and it was an amazing gig. sorry i can talk music for days xD

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Been binge watching
Silent Witness
Still excellent second time around

mr_cat

All I seem to watch these days is anime , netflix is rammed with lots of brilliant series and movies, fantastic art, music stories tons of imagination, puts the likes of Hollywood to shame.
Anyone who is not familiar with the medium or thinks toons are only for kids should dip in.
Genres covered in the medium are as wide as any live action stuff and go much further down the oddness burrow too.
:)

Brokenbill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
netflix has bene brilliant for me wathcing anime. i wasnt a big fan of it until i watched the deadly seven sins and sword art online :)

mr_cat

netflix has bene brilliant for me wathcing anime. i wasnt a big fan of it until i watched the deadly seven sins and sword art online :)
Great to find a fellow enthusiast. I love Seven Deadly Sins:) its very funny and great insane action escalation.
There are so many incredible series/films I could recommend ranging from funny exciting and heartbreaking.
A few examples, Black Lagoon, a real favourite of mine , Hi score Girl, Full metal alchemist :brotherhood and not forgetting My neighbour totorro !
A film I cant recommend highly enough is A Silent Voice, but beware it broke me, unless you have a heart of iron, well its a wonderful film.:):bigtears:

Brokenbill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
haha tell me about it, i'd like to think i had a heart of iron but theres alot of anime's that get to me a bit like sword art online story for example full metal is another good one that i watched on netflix. A Silent voice is also on netflix so i will get it a shot :)

mr_cat

haha tell me about it, i'd like to think i had a heart of iron but theres alot of anime's that get to me a bit like sword art online story for example full metal is another good one that i watched on netflix. A Silent voice is also on netflix so i will get it a shot :)
deadly sins, yeah the best thing......A MOBILE PUB! got their priorities right.:)
Anime has a way of sneaking up on your emotionally, you think ahh some like harted fun then BOOM heart wrenched out:bigtears:
mobile suit gundam: iron blooded orphans got me a bit there:woot:
If you like your music Carole and tuesday is a delightful series.
I depends on how emotional you are and whether the story speaks to you but when I watched a silent voice I up been awake a long time and did not know much about the film, its a masterclass in pressing emotional buttons, I would like to see it again but have not been able to steel my resources to do so as yet.

Brokenbill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
haha yea i loved the concept of having a pug strapped to a huge flying pig and being able to relocate anywhere. i used to think anime was just brutes fighting and short skirts tbh, when i took the time to sit down and watch one i was really impressed. SAO was the first one i watched and i think its sending me down a bit of a rabbit hole :)

mr_cat

haha yea i loved the concept of having a pug strapped to a huge flying pig and being able to relocate anywhere. i used to think anime was just brutes fighting and short skirts tbh, when i took the time to sit down and watch one i was really impressed. SAO was the first one i watched and i think its sending me down a bit of a rabbit hole :)
yep is a deep hole, now its seems weird when i watch live action. another great fun anime is Hi school DXD funny good story and delightful glossy boosmed girls, its a sort of harem fantasy with 13 year old boy humour it will make you howl, :D
once you further down the rabbit hole and get familiar with the tropes you will really appreciate One punch man its brilliant!
and further more, JOJO a must see, plus the Evangelion epic, legendary stuff both of them, the staple:) of memes for many years.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All I seem to watch these days is anime , netflix is rammed with lots of brilliant series and movies, fantastic art, music stories tons of imagination, puts the likes of Hollywood to shame.
Anyone who is not familiar with the medium or thinks toons are only for kids should dip in.
Genres covered in the medium are as wide as any live action stuff and go much further down the oddness burrow too.
:)

Cant say I've ever wathced anime either. Hubby plays some anime style games on the console but I've never taken it up. My daughter, aged 27 and her husband love it. Not sure if it's an age thing so I'd be interested to see if any of our older members come forward as anime fans

mr_cat

Cant say I've ever wathced anime either. Hubby plays some anime style games on the console but I've never taken it up. My daughter, aged 27 and her husband love it. Not sure if it's an age thing so I'd be interested to see if any of our older members come forward as anime fans
If you enjoy looking at paintings and drawings as well as good story telling then it might well be worth it giving it a try. its a medium that cover such a wide spectrum.
what sort of genres do you enjoy in general?
And as for age I am 57 so not exactly a pup anymore.:(:)o_O

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you enjoy looking at paintings and drawings as well as good story telling then it might well be worth it giving it a try. its a medium that cover such a wide spectrum.
what sort of genres do you enjoy in general?
And as for age I am 57 so not exactly a pup anymore.:(:)o_O

Hiya I'm 51 and usual style of programme are sci-fi, historical programmes and the odd bit of horror (not too much tho I get sick ha ha)
To be honest I'm not a big tv fan prefer to read a book.
Hubby playing a game I call Nicky nacky nuni (probably wont get it from that lol but thats what it sounds like to me)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone watch Walking Dead? They had an episode last week which was supposed to be aired earlier on in the year but due to covid couldnt do all the special effects etc.

Just wondered if anyone had an opinion on it? To me it seemed a bit like 'seen this before' sorta thing

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just bought Season 3 of the Last Kingdom. Anyone following the book thread will know I have been reading these series of books for months but never got round to watching the tv show. Guess I must try now I have three seasons in hand and nothing to watch on tv

I'm eagerly watching for news on one of my favourite shows - Casualty. I dont see how they can physically do a socially distanced show so it might be the end of that for a while

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I like watching the ‘Allo Allo’ re runs on Sky

Just when you need a laugh this programme always delivers

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like watching the ‘Allo Allo’ re runs on Sky

Just when you need a laugh this programme always delivers

oh gosh yes. Hubby bought the box set and it was so funny rewatching them. I love pc plod that thinks he's speaking French and he's speaking some pigeon form.

Oh and the Madoona with the big b*******

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Wolfie
Allo Allo is very funny, written by David Croft and Jimmy Perry, they also wrote other very funny sit cons
Dads Army
Are you being served
It ain’t half hot mum
Hi de Hi
You rang m lord
Allo Allo

I liked them all