Metfofmin And Ileostomy, Another Bowel Problems

meardonna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When i was diagnosed and after the it must be your diet ****, the dr began talking about medication. As a biologist and with my other health conditions i did some research. I found this research paper along with a few other similar studies with same findings. I have these to my consultant who ignored them and still put me on metformin with disastrous consequences. I wonder why research is ignored??
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4307179/

Reactions: ZESTRIL

Ebathome

Hello, my mother was rushed into hospital on Friday, she is a diabetic type 2 and has had an ileostomy for 57 years...I am currently doing my own research as she was prescribed Metformin about 4 months ago, I am interested to hear your views as a week later we still do not have a diagnosis and I am convinced it is Metformin associated lactic acidosis...I’m curious to know how you are and if you discovered anything thank you

Reactions: Vernicapvc_

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Ebathome you have replied to a thread that’s over two years old, meardonna hasn’t logged in for a long time, so I’m not sure she’ll respond. I advise you to create your own separate post to get better responses to your enquiry.