Type 1 Dexcom

Hxrley1337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So recently I have gotten a Dexcom G6 I’ve been using it for around 2–3 months and I’ve been reading up on it I’m just wondering if anyone here has any experience with malfunctions/issues with it thanks

-Harley

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
So recently I have gotten a Dexcom G6 I’ve been using it for around 2–3 months and I’ve been reading up on it I’m just wondering if anyone here has any experience with malfunctions/issues with it thanks

-Harley

What sort of issues?

1) Mine occasionally loses the signal, mostly on very new or very old sensors and particularly if I'm lying on it at night
2) Mine often reads low for the first day - if you install a sensor at night then you can get woken up all night with low alerts...
3) allergy issues - my dexcom rep has been very helpful in suggestions as to how to avoid/mitigate them. Don't know yet whether this will work but it's way better than the libre response where they refused to admit that anyone had any issues
4) dexcom technical support helpline - called them once when my sensor wasn't transmitting and they were very helpful.

So far I'm extremely happy, just hope I can continue to keep any allergic reactions at bay.

ps welcome to the forums

Hxrley1337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What sort of issues?

1) Mine occasionally loses the signal, mostly on very new or very old sensors and particularly if I'm lying on it at night
2) Mine often reads low for the first day - if you install a sensor at night then you can get woken up all night with low alerts...
3) allergy issues - my dexcom rep has been very helpful in suggestions as to how to avoid/mitigate them. Don't know yet whether this will work but it's way better than the libre response where they refused to admit that anyone had any issues
4) dexcom technical support helpline - called them once when my sensor wasn't transmitting and they were very helpful.

So far I'm extremely happy, just hope I can continue to keep any allergic reactions at bay.

ps welcome to the forums

Hello! Thanks for this information I rarely get the woken up issue because I’m a heavy sleeper I get a lot of high notifications sometimes I do check through a finger prick to and it’s not 100% but it’s a very minimal amount of time that it happens

I do also get loss of signal sometimes do you know of anyways to fix that? If so thanks

P.S thanks for the welcome I’m glad to be here

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I do also get loss of signal sometimes do you know of anyways to fix that? If so thanks

Two reasons that I know of
1) too far away from your phone - it picks up the lost info when you go back in range and the phone complains vociferously !
2) problem with the sensor - I don't know anything you can do about this but ring the dexcom help desk if it becomes a real issue - they are pretty helpful.

I love my dexcom :)

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can confirm all of the above.

Occasional loss of signal gives the same warning as a nuclear missile launch.
First day readings can be off... but never as far as the Libre managed.
No signs of skin problems after 2 years of use.
Excellent customer service from all departments

Reactions: briansolar1