Does anyone here have type one and has contracted the COVID-19 virus?

KatyMarianne

I met someone yesterday who is on a forum for her specific pump and she told me that she’d asked this question and had many, many replies from people who had been ill and recovered with little or no effect.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You're not likely to get many answers from people who have had it and not recovered o_O

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I met someone yesterday who is on a forum for her specific pump and she told me that she’d asked this question and had many, many replies from people who had been ill and recovered with little or no effect.

Hi Katy,

Welcome to the forum. Are you T1 yourself?

Here is some encouraging news from months back. Though personally I wouldn't wanna try this covid on for size. https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/diary-dad-coronavirus-day-day-3953592

-beckyb93-

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Hi Katy,
I have had covid-19. Back in March/April. Feel free to message me if you like.
I wouldn't say it was the nicest experience but I managed to get through it.
I'd had awful headache for 3 days nothing would shift it, no fluids, food, pain relief would head.
I woke up feeling okay, went outside and was so sensitive to the light, came home and went to bed early. Woke up about an hour n half later (9.17) absolutely dripping in sweat and a little dazed. I thought I was really hypo. Checked my freestyle and was about 9. Checked my bm to be sure. And was 10. So not hypo. I rang 111 and they advised me to self isolate. No swabbing at the time. For the next 7-10days my BMs were around 19 despite increasing both my levemir and novorapid insulin.
I barely ate and what I did wasn't great but its all I could stomach, frosties, spread cheese sandwiches, chocolate digestives and mccoys salt and vinegar crisps. Everything else made me want to hurl. I had no sense of smell or taste. I would be coldish and then dripping with sweat. I spent more time asleep than anything.
I had no shortness or breath, no chest pain, no cough. But as a nurse I was able to have the antibodies test which showed I had had the virus

Hope this helps