Iphone 11 not scanning libre

Emck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else with an iphone has been struggling to get their phone to pick up the libre since the latest libre software update.

I updated a few weeks ago and ever since, my phone just doesn't pick up the libre well at all. It maybe takes 10-15 swipes before I get a reading. Also, sometimes it will have read the level but the phone appears as if it is still trying to find the libre (and it doesn't do the little buzz when it picks it up), so the updated graph shows in the background but the phone is still trying to scan.

Just trying to figure out if it's a problem with the libre software or the phone hardware.

TIA

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I get that last problem exactly as you describe. Difference is I'm on Android .

MattH892

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Emck I use iPhone 11 and have the exact same problem. It's been doing it for a couple of weeks on and off. If you find a solution, please let me know. I'm hoping a new update will be released to fix it.

Emck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wonder if there is a bug in the new release. I will see if there’s somewhere to report the issue and let you know!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
@Emck @barrym

I read many complaints in another forum that I watch and have been doing a little reading up.

It seems that in iOS 14, Apple have made some changes to the way NFC works on their iPhones as a security feature related to Apple Pay.

Some technical bods are writing about NFC 'timing out' meaning that you have to 'ask' it to work when you want to use it.

If using an iPhone, try adding NFC to your 'Control Centre' as described about halfway down the linked page.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...le-the-14-best-hidden-features-of-ios-14/amp/

I am not an Apple user and it may be nonsense but hope it helps.