JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Was that the one that killed 20-50 million of those mask wearers?
I don't think I posted a video in my last posting just a photo I believe

Maybe you are referring to this one.

In which case yes I have watched it.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you have usually paid attention to actual science before

So ironic that a piece with over 40 papers referenced to back it up isn't seen as "actual science".

Maybe you should watch the portion on cognitive dissonance first.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think I posted a video in my last posting just a photo I believe

Maybe you are referring to this one.

In which case yes I have watched it.

I was simply suggesting that you watch the piece I posted a link to.

It's really quite illuminating.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Please can we stick to discussing points relevant to the OP and/or included in links posted on the thread. Squabbling over who has or hasn’t read/watched/posted what is not helping the discussion.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi all

Please can we stick to discussing points relevant to the OP and/or included in links posted on the thread. Squabbling over who has or hasn’t read/watched/posted what is not helping the discussion.
Ok by me I shan't be posting on this thread again.

Ajax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I wear a medical face mask with soft ear loops (instead of the strings) as it is more comfortable ..and always carry a spare.

I dispose of my used face mask ✻safely✻ ..then gi ' my hands a good wesh.

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Hope that you all get back to full health soon
Thanks for your message. I have been ill for 3 weeks and today I woke up without feeling utter despair for the first time in ages.
Covid is a ghastly illness. We've all had in in my house, all 6 of us. My 12 year old son was largely asymptomatic. The girls of 14 and 17 have not been back to school yet, that's over 4 weeks since they became ill. I am only fleetingly out of bed.
We have had moderate covid symptoms, thankfully no difficulties breathing. I thought I was fit and healthy for my age but it didn't stop me getting ill with covid.

I'm feeling relieved that I might finally be starting to recover.
Keep your distance and keep safe.

Reactions: DJC3

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I myself describe myself as fit, but don't believe I can be the "healthy" part, due to the T2D. And recognise that diabetes is one of those 'pre-existing conditions' they keep referring to, re risk factors of potentially being hit by covid hard, if hit.

I watched bulkbiker 's posted video. I found it quite disturbing, as I actually have liked, I guess, the idea that the mask was protecting folks from each other, in the event of covid-19 being around. My partner was listening to it as well as I was because we were in the same room, and he decided the vid-maker 'The Model Health Show' was a quack, but I am not so sure of that - so a lot of lively discussion in my living room.

It is a very interesting idea, but a disquieting one for sure - that masks are ineffective against viruses, basically. (There is lots of references to studies. And they are all posted very accessibly.) And that the bad health behind covid-19 sufferers, and those that die, is due to bad diet and 'our' big disease in particular - diabetes. (And obesity). And, of course, a weakened immune system. It says that sleep deprivation and bad stress management are hugely contributing factors to ill health and vulnerability to infection. Nothing quakery in that idea! (I am no longer in the room with Herr Svea- whew!) It had a nice upbeat summation by talking about the answer for our species is to build up our immune systems and eat well. And not rely on Vaccine coming into our homes any time soon, as covid will mutate, and there will be other infections like this one around the corner. Hard to argue with that!

Food for thought, for sure.

Thanks for this thread you all - it can only be good for us to think these things through, and to think outside the box, and now even looking at the actual science behind the effectiveness of wearing a mask! Sigh. (I rather like my cloth masks. How awful to think they may be so ineffective!)

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
I am wearing a mask but after about 3 months of wearing a mask I have the worst acne on my face!!!

MarkHaZ123

I wear a mask now but still forget at times.
I have worked all through lockdown and to this point as a bathroom fitter. I go into trade shops all the time and am face to face with staff who know me etc. At first when it was mandatory to wear them I just never did, I was used to not wearing them and even the staff didn't wear them. We carried on as normal as what was different to the day before we had to wear them.

Iv started wearing a snood now and tend to use that so at least I'm covered. I can see the point in them at certain times but then not at others like outdoor football.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wear a mask now but still forget at times.
I have worked all through lockdown and to this point as a bathroom fitter. I go into trade shops all the time and am face to face with staff who know me etc. At first when it was mandatory to wear them I just never did, I was used to not wearing them and even the staff didn't wear them. We carried on as normal as what was different to the day before we had to wear them.

Iv started wearing a snood now and tend to use that so at least I'm covered. I can see the point in them at certain times but then not at others like outdoor football.
snood?

Scott D

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Wear a mask, save lives.
Its people who are sick and don't know it that need to wear masks, and since that person could be anyone, even you or I, then everyone should wear a mask. Simple. By the way, I read that when wearing a good mask that it should be hard to blow out a candle.

Reactions: Tannith and HSSS

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wear a mask, save lives.
Its people who are sick and don't know it that need to wear masks, and since that person could be anyone, even you or I, then everyone should wear a mask. Simple. By the way, I read that when wearing a good mask that it should be hard to blow out a candle.
I dont know where you are, but where I live a snood is a knitted hair net to keep long hair away from my face. Thats why I asked what you mean by a snood. I 100% support mask wearing.

Scott D

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
I dont know where you are, but where I live a snood is a knitted hair net to keep long hair away from my face. Thats why I asked what you mean by a snood. I 100% support mask wearing.

I assume you were responding to someone else. I have never even heard of a snood. Sounds like snoody or snooty.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A scarf like piece of fabric but a joined up loop around your neck rather than a long two ended piece. Often very thin cotton etc. Marginally better than nothing at all (depending on material obviously). Too thin usually. Doubled it’s better. Tripled actually doing something reasonable.
As said above if you can blow a candle out through it it’s not doing much.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I assume you were responding to someone else. I have never even heard of a snood. Sounds like snoody or snooty.
sorry, yes, I was responding to a post upthread and responded to you by mistake. Sorry.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
if you can blow a candle out through it it’s not doing much.

I’d say that applies to 99% of the ones I see being worn by the general population.

M

Member496333

I’d say that applies to 99% of the ones I see being worn by the general population.

And, personally, if I couldn't blow a candle out then I'd be questioning whether or not I could breathe properly, but that's probably an unpopular view.

Status
Not open for further replies.