Nerve pain on lchf

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone is it normal to get nerve pain on lchf I was fine to start of with I've been on it for 3 months my hba1c on my last test was 68 **** this covid and lockdown this is the highest it's ever been my brother is also on the same diet and he said it's the body adjusting to the change in sugars has anyone else had similar experience with this.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

You don't say whether that HbA1c is before or after starting LCHF, and when the nerve pain started (before, after, during LCHF)

So when did you start your LCHF? And when did the nerve pain start? And when was the HBA1c reading? And are you testing your blood glucose to see what your bg is like on the food you are currently eating?

Sorry about all the questions, but without all that info, if is very difficult to comment.

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

You don't say whether that HbA1c is before or after starting LCHF, and when the nerve pain started (before, after, during LCHF)

So when did you start your LCHF? And when did the nerve pain start? And when was the HBA1c reading? And are you testing your blood glucose to see what your bg is like on the food you are currently eating?

Sorry about all the questions, but without all that info, if is very difficult to comment.
Hi Sorry my hba1c was before starting lchf no nerve pain the nerve pain started 8 weeks after starting lchf.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Sorry my hba1c was before starting lchf no nerve pain the nerve pain started 8 weeks after starting lchf.
ah. thanks for that. in that case it is very possible that the nerve pain is happening because your new lower blood glucose is allowing some neuropathy damage to heal - leading to weird discomfort as the nerves re-grow.
of course, that is speculation, cos we are discussing this over the internet, and unless you are monitoring closely, you won't know how much your bg has dropped.

have a look at this video from Bernstein, because he eplains it far better than i can.

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Sorry my hba1c was before starting lchf no nerve pain the nerve pain started 8 weeks after starting lchf I found out my hba1c was 68 at the end of August around the 28th I immediately took action over this I've been on lchf since then my morning sugars are in the 8s and through the day there hitting 5-6s I am on 4 metformins a day thanks for the reply.