My new T-Slim™️ Insulin pump

Jed.s

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had an insulin pump for about a month or so now, and I can say that it has definitely helped me regulate my blood glucose levels a hell of a lot better, not only does it do background insulin when I’m asleep, I also don’t have to fart around with needles anymore, and that in itself is just so relieving, so I can happily say that my life is beginning to look up, I know I haven’t logged on here for a while, but I just thought I’d let you all know that I’m doing so well, I love all you strong warriors, keep positive, stay strong, and just remember you are not alone together we can get through this horrible chronic illness View attachment 44482

Reactions: Jaylee

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jed.s That's great news. I've been using the t:slim for about 18 months & I love it. I was on injections before that & as you say a site change every 3 days is a lot easier than the 8 to 10 injections a day that I was doing. Amazing how quickly 3 days seems to come around though.. never happy!
I self fund a Dexcom & the new Control IQ update is a game changer. It took some work to get the various settings right but having it working away in the background, especially overnight, makes such a difference.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I started tslim a month ago and had some of my best results with it.

It seems though that no sooner I put a canula in that its already time todo another.. time passes so fast

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I agree 3 days soon goes by, us diabetics are never satisfied and why should we be, if we want better and more, Some clever person or company will find a way to give it to us but I have been waiting more than fifty years for a cure, but one day

Reactions: oldgreymare