PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Haemoglobin A1c level - IFCC standardised 74 mmol/mol [20.0 - 41.0]

so they put me on insulin which makes you eat and i get a reading of the above ?? anyone can tell me what that means??

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haemoglobin A1c level - IFCC standardised 74 mmol/mol [20.0 - 41.0]

so they put me on insulin which makes you eat and i get a reading of the above ?? anyone can tell me what that means??

Looks like you are eating the wrong stuff?

How long had you been on insulin before the HbA1c was done?

What does your Doc/DN say about your results?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As well as the questions from bulkbiker, @PatsyB do you know what your previous HbA1c was before you started on insulin?

Reactions: bulkbiker

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi @PatsyB We can all sympathise with you about an HbA1C of 74.
If you can tell us what you were eating and what diabetes medications you were on and what your HbA1C was before they put you on insulin, then we may have some ideas for you.

Reactions: annie-p

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
The Nurse said I had to eat carbs when on Insulin. i am finding they do not agree with me and are sending my levels up
Breakfast
Bacon, egg, mushrooms and a slice of sour dough bread
Lunch
cheese scone
Dinner
meat veg and a potato small with gravy
Tea in abundance with soya milk no sugar

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Nurse said I had to eat carbs when on Insulin. i am finding they do not agree with me and are sending my levels up
Breakfast
Bacon, egg, mushrooms and a slice of sour dough bread
Lunch
cheese scone
Dinner
meat veg and a potato small with gravy
Tea in abundance with soya milk no sugar

Hello,

To be fair, I just been scrolling through your historical FBG posts? Your morning numbers ain't that bad. (A few 8s?)
There also seems to be a few lows too? (Can be concerning.)

You seem to be waking up "in the zone." But what are your BGs the rest of the day.?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Well i watched what I ate yesterday and missed the insulin at lunch and the days reading were
got up this am on 5.6

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
was changed from humalog 25% mix onto novarapid and tresiba the last reading before this was 68 that was two months ago

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ah so you've now gone on to a basal/bolus regime from a mixed insulin regime, are you carb counting and adjusting your novorapid to suit the carbs you are consuming? If not then I highly suggest you ask about it as that's ideally the way yuo want to work this kind of regime, aside from that it may just be your basal needing adjustments too xx

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well i watched what I ate yesterday and missed the insulin at lunch and the days reading were
got up this am on 5.6

Hi,

At what points in the day where these numbers. Referring back to some of the numbers you posted in the FBG topic. You don't seem to be doing too bad. (Apart from the odd concerning (mid 3er.)

Could you be retiring on higher numbers, then waking lower from an overnight drop?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Today Before breakfast 5.6
Before lunch 6.9
before tea/dinner 5.9

am reducing the tresiba at night so hopefully should be alright and will have novarapid if levels are high before eating...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today Before breakfast 5.6
Before lunch 6.9
before tea/dinner 5.9

am reducing the tresiba at night so hopefully should be alright and will have novarapid if levels are high before eating...

Hi, this is all without taking fast acting for meals? Are you testing 2 hours later? (After the meal.)
Those are not crazy numbers. Considering, though, if I get this right, you seem go higher later in the day, & sometimes drop in the early hours?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
yes no fast acting as have cut food out and eating basics cur tresiba down now to 6 at night and got up with 7.5 so will see how i go today

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
terrible nights sleep was awake at 2 am and not been back to sleep will be shattered for the rest of the day , had a terrible taste in mouth since waking and think that's what woke me tested levels they appear ok so unsure what is causing the weird taste??