iPhone 6s compatibility

anna198

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys, I need some guidance!

I've had the Freesetyle Libre (its Libre1, since it doesnt have the alarms etc) for about 1.5 years...its fantastic gadget, but I wanted to make full use of it by converting it into a CGM-like device with the use of: miaomiao, watch and my phone.

I have an iPhone 6s, which I've literally updated the system version to 14.0.1.

I have already looked at the various threads on this topic already, but its starting to get me all muddled up, with the various apps and smartwatches there are, but I've narrowed my options down to:

1) Purchasing the MiaoMiao2

2) Purchasing a watlaa watch
(is this watch compatible with iPhone 6s? If not, is there another alternative that isn't the Apple smartwatch?)

3) Either using the: Tomato or xDrip apps in the Apple store.
I don't know whether I've gotten confused, but does xDrip work on iPhone? Because what appears when I've had a search for it in the Apple store, are the following apps: Diabetes tracker, Nightscout x, Sugarmate.
Or is Tomato App what I should consider? But it has such a poor rating.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello !! I am also owner of iPhone 6s and asked a similar question not too long ago. I use MiaoMiao2 and tomato app. I’m very happy with it. Tomato app is very simple andveasy to use.

I think there is a version of xDrip for iPhone but setting it up is a bit tricky - I want to try that as well.

anna198

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello !! I am also owner of iPhone 6s and asked a similar question not too long ago. I use MiaoMiao2 and tomato app. I’m very happy with it. Tomato app is very simple andveasy to use.

I think there is a version of xDrip for iPhone but setting it up is a bit tricky - I want to try that as well.
Hi Michita, thanks for the reply...I think I'll go with your set up to begin with then and change apps if needs be-I've read others having an issue with Tomato app!

Do you have a (smart)watch too?
Or are you simply using MiaoMiao2 + your phone?

Do you know what the iPhone app for xDrip is? lol...I can't see it lol.

Also, I've just went onto the Apple store and searched: "Freesetyle LibreLink-UK" and gosh, its not compatible with our phone :banghead::arghh: lol....

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tomato app is working well for me. Although I haven’t used others to compare with. If I go out and don’t have WiFi tomato app doesn’t work though (my data setting ??)

No smart watch for me, just MM2 and my iphone

Please read my post - I will past the link :)

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
From what I understand, xdrip & xdrip+ for that matter are not available through their respective stores but are on git hub. Search here or general web to find it.

HTH

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi @anna198, I have a miaomiao2, and I use the watlaa, which is a standalone so I don’t have to have my iPhone with me, and LibreLink on my phone. The watlaa can be calibrated and give alerts if bloods go higher or lower than a range you set, similar to the tomato app. It’s not got as many features as tomato, which I used for a while but gave up when it crashed too often, and I look at the graphs, the averages etc on the LibreLink. The watlaa’s not a smart watch like the apple is, but I don’t feel I need a smartwatch for following bloods. The watlaa’s rechargeable - a full charge lasts about three days.
I like the way the watlaa vibrates against my wrist and wakes me if I’m out of range during the night. The vibration can be paused so corrections are possible without lots of unnecessary vibrations, like the tomato app.

Reactions: michita