What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg earlier 6.2

Went for drive.

Came back to do this in iPastels app on the iPad. It was coming along nicely, then disaster...I fell asleep. When I woke up it was a mess. My hand had messed it up in my sleep. Spent half hour trying to retrieve it. Must do better tomorrow...

CE30578E-5C2A-4081-A61B-51070F8F1470.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg earlier 6.2

Went for drive.

Came back to do this in iPastels app on the iPad. It was coming along nicely, then disaster...I fell asleep. When I woke up it was a mess. My hand had messed it up in my sleep. Spent half hour trying to retrieve it. Must do better tomorrow...

View attachment 44525
Still looks good to me.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I made an effort to save yesterday's Sky Fairy Pools disaster, but still don't like the composition. Anyway here it is A4 watercolur.
I might get bold and spray the whole picture and let it run to see what abstract thing happens....
View attachment 44522
Looks good to me but if you feel you might go all abstract then:

upload_2020-10-10_16-51-7.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg earlier 6.2

Went for drive.

View attachment 44525
Looks good to me and I can see lions in the trees

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg earlier 6.2

Went for drive.

View attachment 44525
Looks OK to me. So I gave you a winner but hugs for messing it up, horrible when that happens.

Reactions: ianpspurs

MarkHaZ123

Mine this morning was 3.8

Woke and checked it but just laid in bed for about an hour before getting up for work. In this time I checked it 3 times and it went up to 4.1

I like it when my levemire actually sits good at a point where it hardly moves. Sometimes wish I could do half a shot just so I am maybe 1 higher

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Derek. Hug for the understandable concern over what happens next. We lost a few posters in phase 1 and I wonder if some of us may share thoughts and commentary on what looks like phase 2 (and another imminent event?) via PMs to avoid a similar situation. Just an idea - run it up the flagpole and all that. I think there may be an oven ready group - ORG. Who wants to play JRM or that absolute blend Francois?:angelic:
Fine Ian,
I am with you guys all the way, I like it here and want all of you to enjoy each others company, as indeed we do.
Atb
Derek

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
one more personal for @Muddy Cyclist
Thanks, faith in humanity restored. We have only ever found friendly, welcoming people on our tours of Scotland. I have also walked many sections of the West Highland way, busy but lovely scenery. Rannoch Moore is a very desolate and foreboding place, here is Wilfrid my VW camper on the Moore, too windy to pop its top and very cold.
IMG_3909.JPG

Can't wait to return if ever.

lindisfel

Expert
Reactions: ianpspurs

lindisfel

Expert
I don't think some Uni authorities are treating students right.

Daughter was telling us of some very annoyed parents whose youngster just went to Newcastle. They were told they had to sign their accommodation contract in the morning just after arrival and then later in the day were informed they would have all their lessons on line.
They could have stopped at home.
The Uni seems more interested in the money than the students.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think some Uni authorities are treating students right.

Daughter was telling us of some very annoyed parents whose youngster just went to Newcastle. They were told they had to sign their accommodation contract in the morning just after arrival and then later in the day were informed they would have all their lessons on line.
They could have stopped at home.
The Uni seems more interested in the money than the students.

it all seems to centre around the landlords
whether its offices and "Get back to work"
or uni's and "get thee to campus"

can it really all come to down to 'making money'
is more important then peoples health and safety..?
dear god, preserve us.