Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Ali2020

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello folks. I'm happy with my 5.1 FBG this morning. Actually expected it to be higher following a rubbish nights sleep due to sore eyes following diabetic eye screening yesterday. Have a good day everyone. Best wishes & good health. X

View attachment 14671
Is it normal to have side effects from Eye screening? I am due for my first Eye screen tomorrow but ketones ++ and blood sugars From 16-20 mmol yesterday is enough for me to be troubled by at the moment! Also not keen to go to hospital when blood and urine tests so Bad.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.9@5:15 (Scraped back into the 6s. Actually I’m NOT surprised: yesterday morning Porridge and Jam; tea time 4x Milk and Dark Chocolate cookies AND Pasta for supper. Went to bed on a 7.2 and early this morning 6.9 . )

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is it normal to have side effects from Eye screening? I am due for my first Eye screen tomorrow but ketones ++ and blood sugars From 16-20 mmol yesterday is enough for me to be troubled by at the moment! Also not keen to go to hospital when blood and urine tests so Bad.
I have never had side effects unless you count your eyes being light sensitive for a few hours .

Nicole T

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 blood at 9am. No Libre reading because I just put on a new sensor.

I'm slightly miffed with the Libre in that it's just told me that the sensor has expired, and won't read at all. I was expecting to get complete data until exactly 336 hours after activation, but it seems it deactivates completely and refuses to read historic data after this time.