What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 today. @DJC3 like you I cant wait for those 5s to reappear. Tbh I am so fed up with this run I don’t bother testing all day because it just makes me even more annoyed. I am just making sure I eat as low carb as possible and no snacking and waiting for the good times to return!

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning from a very dull, wet and cold Scotland

Well that's my OH away back to work after 10 weeks off due to breaking his wrist and requiring an op on it, he'll now only get 15 minutes for lunch as he is 15 minutes late for work, nothing he can do, they moved premises, he gets the first available bus but then has a mile to walk after getting off the bus :rolleyes: obviously he can't stay 15 minutes later after finishing time as he needs to walk that mile again and get the bus home

Anyways carrying on my comparing I'll provide my readings from 6:35am
Accu-Chek Expert - 6.1
Contour Next One and Libre Sensor - 6.3

Hope you all have a lovely day
xx

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.6 this morning. It's higher but safer, I slept through the night without waking. I've had a run of getting up and eating cherry tomatoes in the middle of the night, to stay above 4. My Libre had said 4.3 (but my finger prick was lower at 3.6 and 3.4 on the previous two nights at 3 am.) Hopefully, I have my background insulin cut back enough now.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning.

Covid is certainly making its presence felt in our neck of the woods, as well as my granddaughter having to self isolate because someone in the class has tested positive, son phoned yesterday a guy who "shares" his machine at work (different shift patterns) has tested positive for COVID - son had to go for a Covid test yesterday. Hope everything will be ok, he is due to start a new job at the beginning of November.

EDITED to add: Phone call from son, his Covid test has thankfully come back negative So its back to work for him tomorrow.

Last edited: