What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning

Was a 5.5 for me today, haven't slept well in weeks and with today being relatively calm I was planning on a nap after dinner (or lunch wherever you are) but no, workmen trailing scaffolding round the back of the flats making a right racket so no nap for me
xx

Reactions: philchap1

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.9 this am think its down to poor night's sleep but who knows with vagaries of diabetes o_O

Reactions: karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.6 but thats to be expected now I am Covid positive. Still hanging on in there, eating carefully.

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.6 but thats to be expected now I am Covid positive. Still hanging on in there, eating carefully.
Sorry to hear about the positive test hope you are taking plenty of Vit C. It surely puts my self absorbed moans and groans into perspective. Hang on in there. Positive thoughts going out to you.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @CatherineImeson . Welcome here.
Hope you feel better soon.

Had a busy day. Started with 5.7, seeing 4.8 at 4:30 pm. So happy with progress so far. Not had much time to eat, but have had industrial quantities of black coffee.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 woohoo!
Hang in there @PenguinMum I remember @Debandez saying her BGs were all over the place when she had it. Much kudos to you for still testing and eating carefully.

Thanks for the tag @DJC3. Yes my blood sugars were much higher than usual when I had Covid. Here is an example. 8th December. It was the day I felt so bad I decided to book in at Dr next day. I felt Nauseous all day. We had tickets for a show. Front row seats. Eric took me to dinner first to see if he could get me to eat something. I faffed around with my food and ended up taking it home for my son, no show, taxi home. I remember my blood sugars being high for a few days and nothing to do with food. More to do with no food I think. I lost 5lbs. I only have this graph saved to show as an example. I'm usually well within the green area.

Sorry to hear you got the virus. Hope you feel better soon. My son and has gf have tested positive and are isolating. He works for 111. Its sweeping through the office (14 infected) but nobody really poorly. My son started with a temperature and slight cough then a headache. Tested positive. He has since lost his sense of smell and taste. His girlfriend who he lives with got the headache. Not bad. Then a few days in lost sense of taste and smell. They are feeling fine now, so much so they are decorating their front room as they can't go out!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200118-094306_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200118-094306_LibreLink.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 197