Contour Next One

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning guys, hope you are all well

I applied for a Contour Next One meter at the beginning of the year which arrived months ago, I have only just got round to trying it out and comparing readings against my usual meter, I will continue with the other 8 free strips possibly with the intention of asking my DSN whether I could have my prescription strips switched to the contour next ones

However, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a silicone case available for the Contour Next One meter? I love that its less bulky than my usual meter and would be easier to carry around but I find meters quite slippy hence why I like that I have a silicone case for my current meter

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
xx

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I applied for a Contour Next One meter at the beginning of the year which arrived months ago, I have only just got round to trying it out and comparing readings against my usual meter, I will continue with the other 8 free strips possibly with the intention of asking my DSN whether I could have my prescription strips switched to the contour next ones

However, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a silicone case available for the Contour Next One meter? I love that its less bulky than my usual meter and would be easier to carry around but I find meters quite slippy hence why I like that I have a silicone case for my current meter

xx

Hi there, I started off with a contour and I loved it. Unfortunately my surgery would not finance it (too expensive for the strips) so they changed me to a cheap one. I did understand but it was very annoying. Sorry, don't know about the cover. x

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, I started off with a contour and I loved it. Unfortunately my surgery would not finance it (too expensive for the strips) so they changed me to a cheap one. I did understand but it was very annoying. Sorry, don't know about the cover. x
Thanks, I've looked at NICE and the NHS Indicative Price and the Contour Next strips are cheaper than my current Accu-Chek Aviva strips, I also believe the Contour Next strips are what are prescribed to Type 2's in my area so can't see a problem having my strips changed, my diabetes team are amazing and are only too happy to help xx

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, I've looked at NICE and the NHS Indicative Price and the Contour Next strips are cheaper than my current Accu-Chek Aviva strips, I also believe the Contour Next strips are what are prescribed to Type 2's in my area so can't see a problem having my strips changed, my diabetes team are amazing and are only too happy to help xx

That's good. I've actually had a few different brands but my surgery says the only one they will now provide strips for is the cheapest of the lot (can't even remember what it was but it looked flimsy and seemed to require a lot of blood, Gluco something I think) so I now use one of my old ones mainly and buy the strips for it myself (easier to do because I now use a libre as well so not so many required). x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You could always contact their support function? Bearing in mind, their money comes from the regular re-supply strips, I'd have thought if they could provide something to influence your swap, they would.

Have you looked on eBay? Sometimes things like that end up on there for pennies.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could always contact their support function? Bearing in mind, their money comes from the regular re-supply strips, I'd have thought if they could provide something to influence your swap, they would.

Have you looked on eBay? Sometimes things like that end up on there for pennies.
I've googled it and there were no results, I did that before asking here. yes I also emailed them before asking here too but thought it would save time if someone did know of one here xx

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I buy my contour next strips from ebay and I they certainly don't cost pennies lol

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I buy my contour next strips from ebay and I they certainly don't cost pennies lol
They didn't say they were, they were referring to a silicone case for the meter which was my original question xx

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They didn't say they were, they were referring to a silicone case for the meter which was my original question xx
Oh sorry I misunderstood I thought it was in reference to the testing strips :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm sorry but all I have been able to find on line are carry cases which is not what you require, I think it may be a situation for a bit of DIY or bodging.

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

xx

I have a Next One but can’t comment on a case. Perhaps you could get rubber strip to stick on the sides if all else fails?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
You can get silicon molding kits in the podiatry clinic we used to make inter-digital wedges using a silicon binary that you mixed together and shaped to fit.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well Ascensia got back to me, unfortunately they don't do silicone akins

I don't really have the time or patience to mould my own so going to have a look and see if there are adhesive silicone strips available anywhere, thanks everyone
xx

Reactions: JohnEGreen

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well Ascensia got back to me, unfortunately they don't do silicone akins

I don't really have the time or patience to mould my own so going to have a look and see if there are adhesive silicone strips available anywhere, thanks everyone
xx

@kaylz91 - @himtoo posted a link to this site on another thread, but when I had a look, I thought of you.

I know you really wanted a silicone skin, but these vinyl stickers are no cheap, they could be fun, even if they need to be changed periodically. There are some nice ones on there, and the biohazard on made me smile.

https://www.diabeticsupply.co.uk/pages/search-results-page?q=contour+next&page=1

Reactions: JohnEGreen

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kaylz91 - @himtoo posted a link to this site on another thread, but when I had a look, I thought of you.

I know you really wanted a silicone skin, but these vinyl stickers are no cheap, they could be fun, even if they need to be changed periodically. There are some nice ones on there, and the biohazard on made me smile.

https://www.diabeticsupply.co.uk/pages/search-results-page?q=contour+next&page=1
Thanks but they are for the next USB not the next one and I don't think they would achieve the grip that I require xx

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Maybe some thing like this could be adapted for your needs.

61dGnfIvdnL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/XTYaa-Hang...ilicone+adhesive+grip&qid=1602672946&sr=8-160