Haven't measured in months and months. I've tripled.

belfastbiker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being so big I have my own postcode.
Having ham fillet as we speak. :)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've got apnoea also most likely
I suffer from sleep apnoeia despite being under-weight. I got tested by a sleep clinic (they lend you apparatus to test you at home in bed) and was eventually prescribed a helpful device to wear in my mouth at night which I wore for years. Eventually I progressed to a ventilator (superior type of CPAP machine). By then I was having over 30 "events" per hour (basically suffocating myself and then waking up to breathe). You can imagine how exhausted I felt during the day. So, quite apart from your suspected diabetes, IMO it would be well worthwhile asking for a sleep test. With the best will in the world, it will take a while to lose the excess weight. I wouldn't wait! Good luck!

Reactions: belfastbiker

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I normally only eat chicken/tuna/bacon before recent scare.
How about frozen salmon fillets? Very reasonably priced from Iceland (wild caught) and IMO healthier than tuna. They come rather un-ecologically packaged in separate stout plastic pouches, but these do have the advantage that they keep in perfect condition pretty much forever. NB spend £35 and Iceland will deliver next day free. (No, I have not invested in Iceland, nor do I work there!)
upload_2020-10-15_18-10-53.jpeg

belfastbiker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I suffer from sleep apnoeia despite being under-weight. I got tested by a sleep clinic (they lend you apparatus to test you at home in bed) and was eventually prescribed a helpful device to wear in my mouth at night which I wore for years. Eventually I progressed to a ventilator (superior type of CPAP machine). By then I was having over 30 "events" per hour (basically suffocating myself and then waking up to breathe). You can imagine how exhausted I felt during the day. So, quite apart from your suspected diabetes, IMO it would be well worthwhile asking for a sleep test. With the best will in the world, it will take a while to lose the excess weight. I wouldn't wait! Good luck!

Yup, I’m collecting the kit for the home sleep test next week. Using the Withings Sleep Analyzer, it was averaging 35 events per hour, that was 2 months ago.

belfastbiker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
How about frozen salmon fillets? Very reasonably priced from Iceland (wild caught) and IMO healthier than tuna. They come rather un-ecologically packaged in separate stout plastic pouches, but these do have the advantage that they keep in perfect condition pretty much forever. NB spend £35 and Iceland will deliver next day free. (No, I have not invested in Iceland, nor do I work there!)
View attachment 44651

Can’t stand the taste.