Add on another - one year and in remission

Jam&Scones

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had my annual review and one year after being diagnosed I had a 5.2% on my hba1c :D . Also great results all round on my cholesterol, blood pressure and kidney test etc.

Well chuffed :D. Thanks to all the people on this forum for sharing their knowledge.

I was diagnosed with Diabetes back in August 2019 and have since then followed a LCHF diet since reading about it on this forum. My initial reading on diagnosis was 10.6%, as of December 2019, I was 5.8% and I’m now lower :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Arsenal79

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree, Covid and lockdowns didn't make it any easier to stay on track. Just goes to prove how brilliantly you did. Hope your results will inspire some newbies and of course also all of us who struggle during these challenging times.

Edited for grammar

Last edited:

Jam&Scones

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree, Covid and lockdowns didn't make it any easier to stay on track. Just goes to prove how brilliantly you did. Hope your results will inspire some newbies and of course also all of us who struggle during these challenging times.

Edited for grammar
Yes, I really feel for those receiving their diagnosis right now... But it can be done as mine and other stories show. I like my new diet; I feel so much better on it. Hopefully others will find that eventually too.

Reactions: Arsenal79

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I really feel for those receiving their diagnosis right now... But it can be done as mine and other stories show. I like my new diet; I feel so much better on it. Hopefully others will find that eventually too.
Well done I on the other hand went the other way in lockdown I went from pre diabetes to full blown the lockdown certainly messed everything up I was on an exercise referral scheme in my leisure centre I was doing so well on it until covid hit my hba1c levels shot up to 68 uk I fell so ill with it I went up to 20 stone I started low carb 3 months ago and since lost a stone in weight Im hoping to get to where your at now and congratulations you've worked hard for it now enjoy life and the benefits of it and keep on keeping on.

Jam&Scones

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done I on the other hand went the other way in lockdown I went from pre diabetes to full blown the lockdown certainly messed everything up I was on an exercise referral scheme in my leisure centre I was doing so well on it until covid hit my hba1c levels shot up to 68 uk I fell so ill with it I went up to 20 stone I started low carb 3 months ago and since lost a stone in weight Im hoping to get to where your at now and congratulations you've worked hard for it now enjoy life and the benefits of it and keep on keeping on.

thank you! It sounds like you are doing well yourself - keep it up, you will get there!

I go walking a lot to keep my exercise levels up. I don’t think it has much impact on my levels (well in comparison with my diet) but it certainly has an effect on my mood!

good luck!

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had some fantastic news with my hba1c this low carb way of eating has done it for me I have managed to drag it down from 68 to 45 im going to continue this journey.
thank you! It sounds like you are doing well yourself - keep it up, you will get there!

I go walking a lot to keep my exercise levels up. I don’t think it has much impact on my levels (well in comparison with my diet) but it certainly has an effect on my mood!

good luck!

Jam&Scones

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
I had some fantastic news with my hba1c this low carb way of eating has done it for me I have managed to drag it down from 68 to 45 im going to continue this journey.

thats fantastic! And in such a short time as well, time to give yourself a big pat on the back :)

Low carb is great - and now I’ve lost weight I find I can have an occasional little bit of potato as well, but in the main I wouldn’t change my low carb diet for anything. I hope you continue going strong - good luck!

Passies1280

Just had my annual review and one year after being diagnosed I had a 5.2% on my hba1c :D . Also great results all round on my cholesterol, blood pressure and kidney test etc.

Well chuffed :D. Thanks to all the people on this forum for sharing their knowledge.

I was diagnosed with Diabetes back in August 2019 and have since then followed a LCHF diet since reading about it on this forum. My initial reading on diagnosis was 10.6%, as of December 2019, I was 5.8% and I’m now lower :D

Jam&Scones

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
You have done well. Please tell me what have you done.

Hello! I take it you are a type 2? Me too! I Just followed the good advice of others on this forum- go low carb and use a meter to test which foods are good/bad for my blood sugar level.

It takes some determination, but I feel much better for it! Good luck on your journey.

Reactions: OrsonKartt