Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

PaulCarlin

I got a very unexpected high of 11.9 this morning; I think (?) it might have been caused by a tin of Sainsburys Madras curry which I microwaved and combined with a rather nice cauli rice and mushroom filler last night (rest of the family stuffing themselves with pizza. Grrr.) The last couple of days have also been quite high (8+ averages) which is a surprise, as I've been sticking fairly well to a low-carbohydrate intake, and doing a bit of exercise - no alcohol, either. All a bit baffling; anyone have an idea why this should happen?
Clipboard01l.jpg

Reactions: bigjim19 and Prem51

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got a very unexpected high of 11.9 this morning; I think (?) it might have been caused by a tin of Sainsburys Madras curry which I microwaved and combined with a rather nice cauli rice and mushroom filler last night (rest of the family stuffing themselves with pizza. Grrr.) The last couple of days have also been quite high (8+ averages) which is a surprise, as I've been sticking fairly well to a low-carbohydrate intake, and doing a bit of exercise - no alcohol, either. All a bit baffling; anyone have an idea why this should happen?View attachment 44682

Best thing to do is create a new thread and people will help you, this thread is for fasting glucose readings and low chat.

Reactions: Prem51

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
No test today an early start and return trip to Aberdeen for grandsons 10 th birthday so home now shattered having a couple of vodka diet cokes then bed

Reactions: JanetMcDowell