Updated hba1c

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So...

I was 78 at the beginning of the year and with lowering my carbs, exercise and weight loss I moved to 46 in June. I have received my results today and...

Drum roll please...

39!

Doctor has said to come off the daplaflaglozin immediately and keep measuring my own bloods. If it's still reading okay in 2 weeks come off the bydureon too

Then repeat blood test in 3 months time and hopefully look at reducing Metformin too

I am so pleased. This forum has been so helpful!

Doctor said she will use my success story to sell the lowering of carbs plus weight loss plus exercise as a means to effecting change

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey what excellent progress. Well done to you for taking control of your health!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fabulous result, @Andydragon. Glad you can start reducing your meds. Congrats on a very much deserved result.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Great result Andydragon! Congratulations on convincing your GP as well.

Reactions: TinksMum

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all.
I suspect my hba1c will increase with fewer drugs but not sure what I should target myself towards

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Great work! Way to take control!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So...

I was 78 at the beginning of the year and with lowering my carbs, exercise and weight loss I moved to 46 in June. I have received my results today and...

Drum roll please...

39!

Doctor has said to come off the daplaflaglozin immediately and keep measuring my own bloods. If it's still reading okay in 2 weeks come off the bydureon too

Then repeat blood test in 3 months time and hopefully look at reducing Metformin too

Doctor said she will use my success story to sell the lowering of carbs plus weight loss plus exercise as a means to effecting change
Excellent, well done!!!

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So...

Drum roll please...

39!

Yes @Andydragon the drum is being rolled out for you. Do not relent. Continue with all you did to achieve this remarkable result.

Reactions: belfastbiker