What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

BrenDorset

Has been between 9 and 11, just started metformin (500g in evening) and it went up to 13! drops to about 7 during the day. I hope metformin will work combined with renewed rigour in reduced carbs. BMI is 24 but had a partial pancreatectomy a few months ago which means control by diet alone is now very difficult and may not be possible

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all,

@DJC3 --- Hugs for your frustrations. Have you considered an early meal and one meal later in the day rather than the reduced eating window? For some this seems to work better. Possibly the long time without food stresses your body?
@SaskiaKC -- It's good see you again.

Fasting blood sugars today were 4.9.

Thank you. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello again, everyone. I am going to try to check and post every morning again, since I am now on a serious search for a local doctor to refill meds, etc. This morning I was very happy to see a 6.8, which is a nice change from the last time I checked my FBG.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1603107452053.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has been between 9 and 11, just started metformin (500g in evening) and it went up to 13! drops to about 7 during the day. I hope metformin will work combined with renewed rigour in reduced carbs. BMI is 24 but had a partial pancreatectomy a few months ago which means control by diet alone is now very difficult and may not be possible
Hi Bren I had a distal pancreatectomy 8 years ago and take Creon with food as I imagine you may do also. I got dxd T2 three years ago and manage LC usually sub 30g a day but it took a while to adjust everything. My numbers are higher atm because I am getting over Covid. Good luck finding what works best for you.

Reactions: DJC3