Type 2 Reversing diabetes (T2)

Mscmhs1

Hi all,

Apologies. I can well imagine that often, the same questions are asked and I have attempted to seive through responses.

Earlier this year, my HBA1c was 54mmol. I worked hard to reduce it and in August, it had come down to 51mmol.

Test results today have come back with a HBA1c as 47mmol, which I understand is in the pre-diabetic stage.

I am aware that once diagnosed, it’s only really ever a case of going into remission. But is it actually ever really possible to completely reverse it?

I would love nothing more than to get it under 42. Is this achievable for a T2 diabetic?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

Apologies. I can well imagine that often, the same questions are asked and I have attempted to seive through responses.

Earlier this year, my HBA1c was 54mmol. I worked hard to reduce it and in August, it had come down to 51mmol.

Test results today have come back with a HBA1c as 47mmol, which I understand is in the pre-diabetic stage.

I am aware that once diagnosed, it’s only really ever a case of going into remission. But is it actually ever really possible to completely reverse it?

I would love nothing more than to get it under 42. Is this achievable for a T2 diabetic?
Well done for the reduction in HbA1c, so far. How did you do it?
Yes, it is possible to reduce below 42, and stay there. Lots of people have. Generally by reducing carbs and / or losing excess weight.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

Definitely.. mine have been sub 28 mmol/m for the past 4 years

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Mscmhs1

Well done for the reduction in HbA1c, so far. How did you do it?
Yes, it is possible to reduce below 42, and stay there. Lots of people have. Generally by reducing carbs and / or losing excess weight.

I reduced my 3 vices: red wine, white bread and carbonated drinks / fruit juice.

I still have it but much less.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on Metformin still so not totally in remission but by exercise, and reducing carbs I've gone from 78 to 39. Also dropped off daplaflglozin and bydureon so still improving

Althebanker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics, politics ,politics and polititions.
Hi there, I was diagnosed in May 2019 and had a HbA1C of 53 at that stage. My weight was about 16st 7lb. Advice was to lose weight and cut down on carbs and sugar but no drugs. I followed the advice and also went to a dietary course. By the November I had reduced my weight to 13st 10lb and my HbA1C was down to 39. Since then I have more or less maintained that weight although COVID has not helped. Hopefully my next test will be ok.

Reactions: Mscmhs1

Mscmhs1

Hi there, I was diagnosed in May 2019 and had a HbA1C of 53 at that stage. My weight was about 16st 7lb. Advice was to lose weight and cut down on carbs and sugar but no drugs. I followed the advice and also went to a dietary course. By the November I had reduced my weight to 13st 10lb and my HbA1C was down to 39. Since then I have more or less maintained that weight although COVID has not helped. Hopefully my next test will be ok.

Well done! That’s a great achievement! You should be very pleased!

Reactions: Althebanker

Mscmhs1

I'm on Metformin still so not totally in remission but by exercise, and reducing carbs I've gone from 78 to 39. Also dropped off daplaflglozin and bydureon so still improving

Well done for reducing it so much! I’m not on meds but will still work to reduce further.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done for reducing it so much! I’m not on meds but will still work to reduce further.
I was on meds (well still am) for many years and it was really the pandemic that pushed a change. This site has helped no end

Good luck!