How do you rotate injection sites?

hyponilla

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I'm just curious how most of you on MDI go about rotating injection sites? Do you have any good systems? I tend to jab myself a bit at random but I know it's not the best way to go, so I'd like some tips. Thanks!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I move areas every week. Keep buttocks just for basal and swap buttocks each week. Abdomen, stomach, left and right thigh. So basically a 4 week rotation. Occasionally upper arm. The difficulty is absorption and reaction speed. So on leg weeks I have to remember to inject a longer time before I eat.

Reactions: hyponilla

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use legs and stomach for fast acting and top buttocks for long acting. I am a bit haphazard with remembering my last site though, and aim for somewhere different or the other side, but I should try and come up with a clearer system. As it’s at least 5 times a day usually.

MarkHaZ123

I always forget to move. I tend to find it a little sore on the stomach so Iv just used the top of my leg for ages now. Iv never had any issues with dose so never felt the need to change
If I'm sat in a bar or restaurant I'd just jab it in my stomach

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
I use the grid from the diabetes app 'Diabetes:M'. But can't reach all of them so just follow what I can.
A web search will reveal many area/grid systems for you to choose from.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
breakfast left thigh, dinner right thigh, tea alternate sides of stomach and basal alternate bum cheeks xx

Is there a reason why many people don’t use the top of their arm nearer the shoulder? Was thinking about trying to alternate it there but don’t see many others using it?