What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are left confused by the equation that is diabetes.

This mornings readings firstly a 4.2 which is well into my hypo range, but I had no symptoms so I did again using a different finger and a more believable 5.6, so me and me's are sticking with the 5.6.

Here in Tilehurst Towers it is raining, shame but never mind. I won't melt, but might drown or go rusty.

A gentle reminder today is national bin day and sprouts are beginning to be in short supply, best panic buy.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are left confused by the equation that is diabetes.

This mornings readings firstly a 4.2 which is well into my hypo range, but I had no symptoms so I did again using a different finger and a more believable 5.6, so me and me's are sticking with the 5.6.

Here in Tilehurst Towers it is raining, shame but never mind. I won't melt, but might drown or go rusty.

A gentle reminder today is national bin day and sprouts are beginning to be in short supply, best panic buy.
Bin day is different here in an annex of Uncle Sam where y'all kinda leave'em where you want until emptied. Local BBC news featured a young American servicewoman being shown her posting live. Hers was here and the facial expression was epic. Florida to Mildenhall - unlucky. We travel all the way to Iceland for Christmas sprouts. They are small, firm and pert (ah, memories) quite functional when roast/pan fried with chorizo and chestnuts. Long way to go but worth the effort.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...peeing down here this morning that should prove interesting for next doors landscaping...working this morning so no doubt lots of waiting chasing up and more waiting...interesting developments in Manchester yesterday the money isn't available but now it's till on the table...no confirmation on what they have to do to get it..murmurings the government are now targeting Sadiq Khan with conditions for financial support for Transport For London...apparently if TFL do not comply with conditions including fare rises they will take over the running of it...how much longer until they come for our forum?...woke to a oops forgot all about FBG...keep safe everyone.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Such an exciting morning. Bin men came and went followed by Tim in his ASDA van. A cheery chap from West Brom.

Testing the new VPN from Mozilla (makers of Firefox). So far it is very good, I have it loaded on 3 devices (you can max at 5), two iOS and one Win10. I use Firefox so all three are normally synched and unlike my usual VPN (IPVanish) there has been no lag or drops. Price is great too, works out at £3.99/m ($4.99/m) which is cheaper than the competition.

You can sign up and try it for a month, money back if not chuffed.

Is it trustworthy? Yeah... it's Mozilla ♥♥♥♥♥ :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was weird this morning at the shops and bank. It was like the Black Plague had descended. Everywhere was deserted, even the roads had very little traffic, and this Firebreak lockdown, which is on top of the current one, has not begun yet, at least not until Friday 6pm.

Then when I came out of the Post Office, I found someone had tried to wrench my car handle. The driver's handle had been pulled right out and twisted a bit. I couldn't unlock the car. Then I managed to bang it in again with my hand. And I could unlock the car. It is working but it is not quite right. But the car dealership is in England just over that border. It does lock. It is a new car from last Xmas. I will send them an email and see what happens.

Then as I am taking my bags out of the car, a man drives up in a blue transit transit van and parks at the end of my driveway. But it is not for me, but for next door, my horrid neighbour. I wasn't interested, until I saw the guy, dressed in everyday clothes, push the parcel in the letterbox, but carefully positioned himself to video the whole process until the black plastic, with a white label on, had gone right into the letter box. He didn't just take a photo, he took this long slow video. I am less than 8 feet away from, so I can see what he is doing.

Weird.

So I reached in my car to get the next bag out, but the man in the blue transit van stopped at the next house over the road. Again there were no cars parked in the driveway (my neighbour was not in either), but the guy never tried to ring or knock. And I watched him again, position himself (it was like he was positioning himself to relieve himself against a tree, It looked so odd I had to watch), so he could hold both his phone with one hand, and push the black plastic (again) package into the letterbox and videoed himself pushing it slowly into the letterbox until it had gone right in.

What the heck was that he was delivering that was so important that he videoed it slowly pushing it all the way in.

Then he drove out of the road...
It was weird this morning at the shops and bank. It was like the Black Plague had descended. Everywhere was deserted, even the roads had very little traffic, and this Firebreak lockdown, which is on top of the current one, has not begun yet, at least not until Friday 6pm.

Then when I came out of the Post Office, I found someone had tried to wrench my car handle. The driver's handle had been pulled right out and twisted a bit. I couldn't unlock the car. Then I managed to bang it in again with my hand. And I could unlock the car. It is working but it is not quite right. But the car dealership is in England just over that border. It does lock. It is a new car from last Xmas. I will send them an email and see what happens.

Then as I am taking my bags out of the car, a man drives up in a blue transit transit van and parks at the end of my driveway. But it is not for me, but for next door, my horrid neighbour. I wasn't interested, until I saw the guy, dressed in everyday clothes, push the parcel in the letterbox, but carefully positioned himself to video the whole process until the black plastic, with a white label on, had gone right into the letter box. He didn't just take a photo, he took this long slow video. I am less than 8 feet away from, so I can see what he is doing.

Weird.

So I reached in my car to get the next bag out, but the man in the blue transit van stopped at the next house over the road. Again there were no cars parked in the driveway (my neighbour was not in either), but the guy never tried to ring or knock. And I watched him again, position himself (it was like he was positioning himself to relieve himself against a tree, It looked so odd I had to watch), so he could hold both his phone with one hand, and push the black plastic (again) package into the letterbox and videoed himself pushing it slowly into the letterbox until it had gone right in.

What the heck was that he was delivering that was so important that he videoed it slowly pushing it all the way in.

Then he drove out of the road...
I think its to prove he had actually delivered it . If it had to be signed for a lot of the time delivery guys have to photo parcels etc to " show " that they have delivered them because no one signs now re covid . On the other hand we had a supposed delivery
via Hermes the other week with a photo proof that it had been delivered but it had certainly not because people were home at the supposed delivery time. So now having to fight a case to get either the goods or a refund . All crazy:rolleyes: stuff . I'm in Wales too so off we go again in full lockdown mode :banghead:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have moved out of the dratted 7's but in the wrong direction with a 8.1 , own fault as the lure of the comforting carbs have been calling and I have answered too readly :rolleyes:

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have moved out of the dratted 7's but in the wrong direction with a 8.1 , own fault as the lure of the comforting carbs have been calling and I have answered too readly :rolleyes:
Tomorrow's another day and you'll be in Tier 2 again in no time. Obviously parts of the Carb Withdrawal agreement need renegotiating/disapplying as they don't suit. Those carbs are just being intransigent :angelic:

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
via Hermes the other week
My least favourite delivery services had so many problems with them previously...if I am aware Hermes are delivering before the purchase I'm likely to buy somewhere else.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My least favourite delivery services had so many problems with them previously...if I am aware Hermes are delivering before the purchase I'm likely to buy somewhere else.
Mostly we have had good service from them we did have a regular guy but this new one seems to be a load of the proverbial

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Total waste of space, every delivery by them to me has ended up a mile or two away with them refusing to go get it. As you say, if I know Hermes is the carrier I will shop elsewhere.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
another smashing autumnal sketch and looking forward to your 2020 autumn collection. You can re-stock the ink using tea!
Thank you.
Two masterclass pieces from yourself today, I like your landscape and the different density of inks to give depth. The autumn tree bark is well drawn and detailed.

Agree it's you Sad loss of a great musician.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I took @dunelm advise and worked on my Walnut Ink Oak tree sketch adding black to the ink for darker shades and other colour inks for Autumn feel. I included the original as a thumb nail so you can compare the two....
IMG_3957.JPG

As it was when @dunelm suggested working on it shown below.
IMG_3950.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I took @dunelm advise and worked on my Walnut Ink Oak tree sketch adding black to the ink for darker shades and other colour inks for Autumn feel. I included the original as a thumb nail so you can compare the two....
View attachment 44778
As it was when @dunelm suggested working on it shown below.
View attachment 44779
Wow - what a wonderful tree - showing all it’s age and majesty - green leaves turning into browns and reds - fab.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Got back. Had a nap. Now to read your posts.

To be honest this pic might be a bit small to see. But it is the biggest file size I can make it to post here. I went down to the docks after my cat food shopping to maybe draw a sketch. I took a couple of pics first. This is the first panoramic I have taken with this phone camera. To the left is the Power Station, then the Flintshire Bridge, then some industry, then all the way up towards Chester, which is out of sight.

But 3 men in cars came along, and were doing some dodgy dealing between cars, so I crept back to my car, and came home.

So I am doing a painting in iPastels now, but not finished yet.

Anyway here is the panoramic photo ..

IMG_21102020_144633_(4805_x_1750_pixel).jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone, it’s a second go at today in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of “should have tested when you were up slurping tea at 3am” came in at 5.6 this am.
@geefull - thank you for your comments and also for the splendid watercolour of my AirB&B holiday location. Tiny hints of sunshine behind those clouds.
@Muddy Cyclist - another smashing autumnal sketch and looking forward to your 2020 autumn collection. You can re-stock the ink using tea!
@JohnEGreen - smashing photo by Melody.

Somebody help me. Keep on running. RIP Spencer Davis and thank you for your music.
International bin day today lets all go out and clap for the bin lorry cavalcade - two today - recycling and then the garden bin. If that was not enough excitement the chimney sweep is due at 10.

A go at getting birds into the scene today and also a hint of autumn. Have a wonderful day and remember that warning by Jenny Joseph. Time for koffy.

View attachment 44776

View attachment 44775
Wow two beautiful different paintings today @dunelm
I like both, but I have a leaning towards the top one.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think its to prove he had actually delivered it . If it had to be signed for a lot of the time delivery guys have to photo parcels etc to " show " that they have delivered them because no one signs now re covid . On the other hand we had a supposed delivery
via Hermes the other week with a photo proof that it had been delivered but it had certainly not because people were home at the supposed delivery time. So now having to fight a case to get either the goods or a refund . All crazy:rolleyes: stuff . I'm in Wales too so off we go again in full lockdown mode :banghead:
Hi @mojo37
I sit on front window guard now around the time a parcel is due, because although I haven't had a problem with the parcel not being there even when photographed, other people in this area have. The parcels affected have apparently been with Amazon, Next, and Hermes. I get this info on my local online site. It has affected a lot of people and they were wondering if it was the delivery guys, but it wasn't. There were two women of an East European nationality (I won't be specific here because that is unfair to all the good hard working people of that nationality). Photos have been taken of them doing it, taking the parcels. And presented to the police, but they are still doing it. A man drives them around in a car, presumably following the delivery van. It is obviously rich pickings for them with everyone having stuff delivered now.

I have parcels due the next few days, and one this afternoon. And so i am on front window duty, to see when anything comes up the road. I am tired and would love to go back to sleep after being out this morning. But i won't.

Hugs for you and your missing parcel.

It actually feels almost in full lockdown mode now. There is hardly anyone in the roads or at the shops.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: ianpspurs

lindisfel

Expert
Hi,
Another nice day in the very north of England and the sun is shining this afternoon. Its relatively mild atm so not many birds feeding.

Wife contacted daughter this am, she is very unwell in bed, but we hope and pray she improves over next week. Many thanks for all your good wishes.
D.