Flu jab 2020

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had mine on Saturday, there was a mega flu jab session in a local school. seemed pretty busy with a constant stream of attendees but well organised. They seem to have taken their queue management techniques from Disney, lots of walking with interim checkpoints so that I didn’t actually have to wait more than a minute by the time I reached the sharp end.
(See what I did there?:cat:)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I,m due my flu jab on 31st October. I did have a message from my surgery to say they have a shortage and my jab may be cancelled.

rochari

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure about other parts of the UK but this year in Scotland many GP surgeries are not doing the flu jabs and diabetics etc. have been lettered by the NHS advising which ‘hub’ to attend and when. The one I’d to go to would take me around 90 minutes to get there (I got rid of the car when I retired so rely on buses, trains and my legs these days).

Had my shot this morning at a store in town. The nurse there let me know they only administer the Quadrivalent vaccine. The NHS uses the same but if over 65, they give you the Adjuvanted vaccine which apparently gives better immunity. I’d no idea there were two options this year.

I told her to go ahead with what she had as I figure for the next 6 months I’ll still be wearing facemasks, remaining here at home and soaking myself in sanitiser! Bill

honey badger

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had mine about a month ago.
I was actually in for my INR blood test, and asked the nurse
any chance of my flu jab, while I was there.
She went next door to ask my GP and I actually heard him say No
After some chattering, she came back and zapped me with the flu jab.

Reactions: oldgreymare

Nicole T

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From 1st December, they've started offering free flu jabs for anyone over 50, so presumably that's caused a surge in demand. I got mine done a few weeks ago at my local pharmacy, and had no issues.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I,ve had my flu jab in october