Freestyle Libre Sensor Error

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
keep getting the same errors since the 7th day...

why such a error comes up?
"The sensor is unable to provide a glucose reading. Try scanning again in approximately 10 minutes."
Mine has just started doing this on day 12. A call to Abbott and a new one is on its way. No explanation . Second in the last three, at the end of the two weeks.

YorkshireAli

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had this message on the last two sensors I've put on, right from the start, which is irritating, particularly over the Christmas period, when I really needed it. Abbott replaced the first no problem, I applied the replacement today and that's failed too.

I've been using the sensors for nearly two years now and have had quite a few dodgy ones, but the rate of failure lately seems to have increased - I wonder whether their quality control has deteriorated now they're having to produce more for prescriptions?

Mr steve

Hi So loving the Libre not only do i not have to do constant finger pricks but the amount of data you get is crazy 96 tests a day in 15 minute intervals. been wearing for 4 months now and most of the time it has no issue a1c went from 8.7 to 6.8 !!!.

When i do have issues with the reader / sensor Abbott is always quick to replace. I do service repair work on customer sites for electronic equipment so im always trying to get in tight places and cringe when i hear the "tick" of the sensor hitting something as that will bend the filament inside the sensor causing permanent failure usually relates to a ER3,373,P code.

So to resolve this i use tegaderm its a super strong clear bandage that's waterproof. now remember waterproof means no water in and also no water (sweat) out. which can lead to itching and rashes under the sensor as your skin doesn't want moisture. So i was using the tegaderm to cover the whole sensor and an inch on all sides however i have not been cutting the tegaderm into 4 inch by 1 inch strips and placing over the sensor.

this allows at least 2 sides to be covered with tegaderm and stay stuck in place. it also allows the sensor to breathe when it gets wet. I have noticed and improvement in the sensors. Yes even still sometimes i get the "please try in 10 minutes" error but i haven't killed any sensors yet :)

When sensors are wet ive noticed that the reading get really weird showing "Hi or 12-25 number readings " which kind of messes with the stats on your a1c readings. so its always important to still have a Blood glucose meter where you can do finger pricks when values seem different.

What i love about this sensor is it also allows you to see what different foods do to your glucose level for me its white flour keeps me high for hours *sad pizza face* (solution below dont worry it ends well) .

tegaderm : this is what i got should last me several years **note its easier to remove just after a shower or lay a wet wash cloth on it for 10 min.

Pizza solution: ( and no you dont just have to put their toppings on top with whatever u want !!!) check out livestrong cauliflower pizza ** you cant freeze un cooked "dough" and then just thaw and squeeze out excess water before baking

FYI / Caution my kids eat by their own choice

Tim_Lin

d90f4260b5e3ec82284075437bc8a67a.jpg

Anyone had this error with their Libre? Is there a way of fixing it, it keeps coming up. It was fine for the first few days and it doesn't seem to have moved or become dislodged in any way.

Reactions: LoreZyra

LoreZyra

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Companies that geolock their products to a country/region.
Just started using Libre sensor and now it says I must get a new sensor. WHY? I barely had it on for 4 days.

Attachments

• AF0157F5-8FB7-4A51-93A3-9BD92BF44F2C.jpeg
    AF0157F5-8FB7-4A51-93A3-9BD92BF44F2C.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,287
Last edited:

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’ve had this message up quite a few times and I’ve been on Libre for 2 years ish . I if it is still the same after 2 hours phone Abbot explain to them they will go through various procedures with your reader and then send you a new one , well that’s what’s happened when mine has had this message . But like others have said here I’ve had the message and it has cleared soon after.
Stay safe
“ you know nothing John Snow”

Reactions: LoreZyra

LoreZyra

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Companies that geolock their products to a country/region.
I have a few spares on hand and my new sensor shows very low values. 40~47mg/dl. For an hour, it displayed “LOW”. I positioned the new one just 3cm away from the previous site - closer to the inside of my right arm.

Do I have a bad sensor or poor spot on my arm?

Attachments

• C1C21306-BDE7-4AFC-A5A7-8B7F7FDB102D.jpeg
    C1C21306-BDE7-4AFC-A5A7-8B7F7FDB102D.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 873
Last edited:

L3w

I have only had the libre 3 weeks. I have just put on my 3rd sensor as the past 2 have failed. 1st failed day 3. 2nd lasted 4 days. 3rd sensor applied 2 hours ago and already had an error message. sensor is amazing when it works but don’t know if it’s just bad luck or me. Also I agree with some thread replies, the adhesive is very poor especially if you have an active lifestyle.
sensor is back up and running .. I’m hoping this one will last the 14 days!