Book Corner.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished LionHeart. Should have been an easy book to read but had many distractions, hence only just finishing it.

I'm now reading a book by one of my favourite authors - Ken Follett's The Morning and the Evening. Managed to source it on the e-reader as my hands arent too good at the moment so cant manage the heavy book.

Bought 5 more books in the charity shop. I have room for about 6 more books and then will need another book case. I need to stop buying I guess. (as an aside I have a spot picked out for my new book case)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still reading Morning and the evening. I have nearly finished so eyeing up my next book. I think I will be going back to the Uhtred series of books by Bernard Cornwell as he has just released the ending to the saga.

Hubby mentioned buying me another bookcase so fingers crossed. He reckons I'll never get to read them all ha ha

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am reading The Flame Bearer by Bernard Cornwell, the continuing saga of Uhtred of Bebbanburg

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just finished Kate Atkinson's Emotionally Weird.
Set in early 70's Dundee and other place, most takes place in her struggles to attend lectures, seminars and complete essays as an undergrad in the University of Dundee English department. I went to Uni there in 76 and it's a complete hoot of a book. I still live here and reading a book with jam packed with local references is a different experience.
Recommend anything by KA.

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Has anyone read the midnight sun book yet? The spin off from the twilight saga? Wondering if any good as fancied buying

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I tried Enigma by Robert Harris - no luck

Tried Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally - no luck

So picked up a book by Charlotte Bingham called The Wind off the Sea. Easy reading

Enigma didnt work as I was coming home on the plane with lots of disturbances and also its abook you have to concentrate on the terminology

Schindler's List didnt work as I couldnt get my head around the way it was wrote. I did read Schindler's Ark as a teen so not sure if it is the same book. Answers on a postcard please

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I tried Enigma by Robert Harris - no luck

Tried Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally - no luck

So picked up a book by Charlotte Bingham called The Wind off the Sea. Easy reading

Enigma didnt work as I was coming home on the plane with lots of disturbances and also its abook you have to concentrate on the terminology

Schindler's List didnt work as I couldnt get my head around the way it was wrote. I did read Schindler's Ark as a teen so not sure if it is the same book. Answers on a postcard please

Ark is the original name, though I never knew that till I just looked it up....

I found Enigma to be a cracking read, though possibly not for a place trip. Harris's Roman stuff is very good.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ark is the original name, though I never knew that till I just looked it up....

I found Enigma to be a cracking read, though possibly not for a place trip. Harris's Roman stuff is very good.

Yes I have a few Harris books on both the e-reader and the library upstairs. I will go back to both books and read them again, or try to. My head not in the best place hence the easy reading book.

My library (2 bookcases lol) has both easy reading and some more stuff u have to concentrate on. And stuff I've read a few times but really enjoyed like Tolkein.

Always looking for new books to read so join in and suggest a few if you can :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I have a few Harris books on both the e-reader and the library upstairs. I will go back to both books and read them again, or try to. My head not in the best place hence the easy reading book.

My library (2 bookcases lol) has both easy reading and some more stuff u have to concentrate on. And stuff I've read a few times but really enjoyed like Tolkein.

Always looking for new books to read so join in and suggest a few if you can :)

This may seem a little out of left field.
I was bed bound for a couple of months after a surgery and looking for something new to me. Trawling through best sellers I came across Jacqueline Winspear, not a name I knew. Bought the first one. Need to suspend disbelief quite a bit early on, class issues but I really liked them. Starts pre First war, young girl goes into service, does a whole bunch of stuff in becoming a PI. I like the period detail and an easy read..... which was just what I needed.
Now buy them in order on eBay.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This may seem a little out of left field.
I was bed bound for a couple of months after a surgery and looking for something new to me. Trawling through best sellers I came across Jacqueline Winspear, not a name I knew. Bought the first one. Need to suspend disbelief quite a bit early on, class issues but I really liked them. Starts pre First war, young girl goes into service, does a whole bunch of stuff in becoming a PI. I like the period detail and an easy read..... which was just what I needed.
Now buy them in order on eBay.

now that sounds like my kind of book. ty for that I'll go have a look or ask my mother in law if she has them

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just picked up a book loaned to me by my mother in law.

Its called Let me Lie by Clare Mckintosh. First of hers I've read although my mother in law has loaned me the other 2 as well.

Pretty easy read and so far I'm enjoying it. will see if it pans out the way I think it's headed although I'm told this writer has a twist in the tale

Reactions: Gannet

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well I finished the Clare Mackintosh and picked up another of hers which I should finish today. Its called I let you go.

Thinking ahead to what I can read over Christmas as seems to be the usual pile of rubbish on tv

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading the final part of a trilogy called Fallen Angel by Tracy Borman.

About halfway through. Wont like saying goodbye to these characters as they have really gripped me in their story

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading the final part of a trilogy called Fallen Angel by Tracy Borman.

About halfway through. Wont like saying goodbye to these characters as they have really gripped me in their story

Looked up, sounds interesting, thank you.

Reactions: wolfie11969

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm halfway through a book by Nora Roberts called Under Currents. Havent read any of hers before and it was a loan from my other in law. Might look for some others of this author, not too sure yet.

You would think will all this free time I'd find time to read but tv gets switched on and I find myself zoning out with that. Maybe I'll hide the remotes ha ha

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
finished Undercurrents and also read a book called the Stranger Diaries by Elly someone or other. Yes that's how impressed I was

Now reading The Heart of the Garden by Victoria Connelly. Only a couple of chapters in so not too sure yet.

Only this one and another Victoria Connelly to read from the mother in laws loans and then I will go back to my own selection. Probably back to Bernard Cornwell and the Warlord series although I do have a couple of Peter James on reseve from the local library

Reactions: hankjam

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading Find Them Dead by Peter James. Love ths author, love the characters and the way the story pans out. For a crime thriller writer he keeps on top of today's society in that he tells stories relating to today's events. Highly recommend him

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading Find Them Dead by Peter James. Love ths author, love the characters and the way the story pans out. For a crime thriller writer he keeps on top of today's society in that he tells stories relating to today's events. Highly recommend him

Called up order of books, and bought Dead Simple on eBay.

Reactions: wolfie11969

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Read the Rose Girls by Victoria Connelly. It was OK but had references to a mental health condition I'm sure mother had. Was hard going.

Now I'm back to my Bernard Cornwell series of Uhtred. Going to start War of the Wolf. 2 more after this and then I shall be saying goodbye to another series. I do have about 60 books on my e-reader and of course the library upstairs. Might pick out a fantasy book for a change

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Read the Rose Girls by Victoria Connelly. It was OK but had references to a mental health condition I'm sure mother had. Was hard going.

Now I'm back to my Bernard Cornwell series of Uhtred. Going to start War of the Wolf. 2 more after this and then I shall be saying goodbye to another series. I do have about 60 books on my e-reader and of course the library upstairs. Might pick out a fantasy book for a change

If you like BC I would recommnd this boy's Conqueror books.... they are a ripping yarn.
https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/conn-iggulden/