site blistered

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi all not been on in a while as all been going smoothly but have removed a site tonight after it being in for the 3 days with no complaints from dylan at all, but there are 2 blisters either side of the site hole and im not sure what to do about it we have never had this before. does anyone have any suggestions ive sent him to bed saying we will see what its like in the morning but does anyone have any suggestions on anything i could or should be doing now. thanks in advance

anna marie

josie38

Hi anna marie,

I'm glad things have been going great for Dylan. If the blisters no better take him to the GP to have a look just to be sure. As you know yourself that healing could be a problem. Obviously dont use the site for a few weeks to make sure of proper healing. What sort of cannulas are you using? I used to use teflon coated ones for the Combo pump and had an abcess on a site a few months back and had to change cannulas to the steel ones.

But I would take him to GP to be sure and see if he can give you something for it.

Hope all goes well hun :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Josie

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hi have woken this morning the blisters have gone but its still red so not sure now what to do, hes using the quickset and had no problem with them at all but this has worried me. the blisters were not where the cannula had gone in but around it where the sticky tape is

anna marie

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
have now phoned the doctors and have him in for 9.20 this morning to get it checked to be safe :D

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
well seen the doctor she seemed to think he had impetigo so took a swab and gave antiseptic cream, i dont know now what it is im confused

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
yes josie i know but im sure its not impetigo been healing nicely with some anti septic cream tho, i didnt mean in above post i dont know what impetigo is what i meant is i dont know what it is on his leg lol

anna marie

josie38

Sorry hun....... :oops: :oops:

Glad the cream has worked tho. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
lol thats ok its hard to tell sometimes what someone means from some words on a page :D :D

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

How odd!

Glad you took him to the DR's and got it sorted though. Just have to wait for the results of the swab.

Does Dylan scratch at his cannula's sometimes? the sticky bit on mine can sometimes make me itch, just thinking if the stickiness made his sore then he's itching it it could be just down to soreness?

Hopefully it's just a one off though!

Glad to hear it's going smoothly for you both :)