Insulin or no insulin?

Starr123

I recently got diagnosed with t1d about a month ago and I have some questions. But first, if my blood sugar reading is at 86mg/dl and there are little to no carbs in the food I want to eat. Can I skip the insulin to avoid typo cause I do this sometimes. And then when I check again like after 3 hours, my blood sugar is usually at like 150-160mg/dl. I dont know if that's okay

MarkMunday

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I recently got diagnosed with t1d about a month ago and I have some questions. But first, if my blood sugar reading is at 86mg/dl and there are little to no carbs in the food I want to eat. Can I skip the insulin to avoid typo cause I do this sometimes. And then when I check again like after 3 hours, my blood sugar is usually at like 150-160mg/dl. I dont know if that's okay
Only you can figure out the answer to that question. You are still making much of your own insulin, and you need to figure out how much to supplement at mealtimes. Be guided by the amount of carbohydrate in the meal. The general rule is that mealtime boluses should return blood glucose to the target range within three hours. My target range is 5-8 (90-144 mg/dl). 150-160 after three hours would be a bit high. Looks like some bolus insulin before a meal like that would help keep your numbers in range.