Infected site? New to podding, omnipod.

Serial45

Ok so I'm only a week into pumping and been loving it.

I noticed today after my evening meal that my insulin wasnt that effective. I was due a pump change tonight at 9.30pm. I felt around my omnipod and it felt a little hot.

I've switched site early and noticed I have a 2 inch raised circle that feels warm to touch!!

Will it clear up by itself or will I need antibiotics?

Here is is on my leg I shaved and cleaned the hair before attaching.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

20201025_204023.jpg

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You might be very unlucky and have an infection so draw a circle around with a pen to cover the red area and if it gets worse and spreads then go and get some antibiotics tomorrow quickly. I've been on Omnipod for nine years and had one in the first year but none since but it is important to keep a close eye on this. It can get nasty if left!

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had a raised lump several times usually when not absorbing properly, did you notice if cannula feeder was bent/ at an angle? My lump have soon gone down. But do check as advised if not/ or if getting larger.

Last edited:

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had a raised lump several times usually when not absorbing properly, did you notice if cannula was bent/ at an angle? My lump have soon gone down. But do check as advised if not/ or if getting larger.